Chapter 34 - Pride and Determination

"Again!" Beatrice commanded at an authoritative tone, with her tiara glowing in a light, similar to a firefly.

"Bbut, can't you see that our demons are already at their limit?" Ash protested, standing at least 20 meters in front of Beatrice.

Ash stands beside Page, who is holding holding her arm tighly in fear of Bea's fierce look.

In between the girls are their demons standing in a large circle mark with Ash's tigrine and Page's leopine now both kneeling on the ground, while Bea's leonine sternly stood in front of the two exhausted demons glowing in a red aura.

"You don't stop in battle merely because your demons are exhausted! You fight until your enemy is down! Now fight!" Bea commanded her leonine to charge forward and attack Page's leopine. Ash's tigrine however, was able to block the attack but was pushed back due to the leonin's strong force and having its energy now almost depleted.

"Eager to get strong in an instant are we?" Stephen entered the dojo-like room where the girls are currently training.

"We've already lost so much time and with you keeping on spoiling these two, I decided to do the training myself!" Bea kept her stare at the demons with her leonin doing continuous punches at Ash's tigrine, with the latter having no choice but to stand its ground and defend. Page's leopine still kneels to the ground, seemingly having no more energy left.

"Hahaha I didn't know you kids are really this serious in training. You know, since you are daughters of the senators, thought you were just here for experience." Stephen laughed, amused of how pissed off Bea has become at the moment.

"Well then take this!" Now agitated to her limit, Bea made her leonine dash towards Stephen with its unimaginable speed. To her surprise however, Stephen suddenly appeared right beside her, with her leonine now lying unconscious near the room's entrance.

"Alright you got your point!" Stephen raised both his arms as a motion of surrender, with Bea's face suddenly turning pale in fear. "Now, if you really want to get that strong, we'd have to do something with that impatient attitude of yours first. Remember, you won your first match by fooling your opponent right, why don't we start by improving that side of yours?"

Meanwhile, back at Mark's trial, the boy protected himself with a shield to block the same clamps that electrocuted his demon.

'If only I can make these shields as sturdy even when I throw them.' Mark thought as he run sidewards with his shield still activated to protect him from the droid's bullets.

The droid finally decided to charge at Mark with its sword, but the boy's defense remained intact. 'Oh well I guess I have no choice but to use you.' Mark pressed a button in his sat and a light suddenly started glowing behind the droid.

Aware of an energy building up behind it, the droid decided to turn its body towards the energy build up, only to be met by a hairy fist which pinned it towards Mark's shield. Mark was slightly moved backwards at the impact, then decided to run upon seeing another fist racing towards the droid.

The shield that Mark created earlier was finally destroyed, with the droid being thrown towards an invisible wall. Sounding a large roar, a yeti can be seen towards where the glow was seen earlier, alternately hitting its chest with its fists.

'Now I hope you don't make a rampage of your own this time.' Satisfied of his distance from the battle scene, Mark stopped running and concentrated on controlling his demon. On his disappointment however, the yeti, instead of charging towards the droid, ran towards the game announcer instead.

The game announcer ran from his place in fear, only to realize that the demon is being held in an invisible arena. The yeti tried to land a punch at the game announcer however, the invisible wall of the arena blocked its attacks. Its arms were instead caught by clamps from the droid who is now able to get back up standing and sent electric shocks towards it.

For some time, the yeti roared in pain but was able to hold one of the chains that is connected to the metal clamp that is currently shocking the yeti with electricity. In rage, the yeti pulled the metal chain in a force that made the droid fall forward, towards the floor.

Knowing that his demon is uncontrollable at the moment, Mark decided to keep still, while watching his demon being distracted by the droid.

The yeti, still being electrocuted, violently waved its arms in a struggle to release itself from the clamps that are causing its pain. The yeti's rampage caused the droid from being thrown randomly making it release the chains from its body, stopping the electric flow towards the yeti.

Enraged, the yeti charged towards the droid which the latter responded with bullets. The yeti shielded itself with its left hand as it violently stomp the ground and move towards the droid.

The droid quickly activated its boosters to escape a racing fist from the yeti. It kept on shooting bullets, and evading the yeti's attacks until finally, the droid is able to disable the yeti by rattling its feet with bullets. With that, Mark decided to recall the demon as well. The yeti finally vanishes on sight, with its disintegrated pieces rushing towards Mark's SAT.

The droid turned around only to be met by a fire spell from its opponent. The droid shielded itself from several other fire spells from Mark. 'Jeez, just how sturdy is this droid?' Mark kept on firing his flame spells hoping that the droid is reaching its limit by all the damage it took earlier, only to be disappointed by seeing the droid charge with the same strength it has during their early match.

Mark defended himself yet again, with his mana shield to block the droid's laser sword that meant to slice him from above. His shield is still as tough us before, but his strength is slowly failing him as he is being pushed back by the droid's continuous sword attacks.

'What do I do now? I'm not sure if Frost has already recovered from being shocked in his fight. I can't waste more mana in this fight. Have to think.' Mark is now kneeling on the floor, with his feet touching the invisible wall of the arena. The droid continuously attack with the same force as earlier having Mark pinned at the edge of the arena. Mark decided to deactivate his shield, with the droid's sword slashing near Mark's left arm, which the boy was able to quickly evade. He then nimbly placed his left hand inside the droid's open mouth and fired a flame spell inside its head, causing the droid to be finally deactivated.

"And with the droid being destroyed, we now have Mark as the winner of this match!" The barrier has now been deactivated with the audience leaving the room one after the other. Paramedics rushed towards Mark to check on him while other officers came to collect the droid.

"Too hasty!" Back at the noble girls' place, Stephen warned Bea with the tip of his sword almost touching the lady's throat. "Winning is not all about strength milady. It's about the correct move, done at the perfect time. Know that a single misstep can cause you your life."

Stephen retracted his sword and placed it in its scabard. He walked beside Bea then past her towards the room's door. "And that's it for today. You would want to see the match tomorrow. Perhaps you can learn a thing or two from Myrtle, or from Mark."

"I can still..." Bea slowly loses consciousness with Ash rushing towards her. "Thanks for the lecture Mr. Cabal! We will surely do our best the next time." Ash greeted as she hold Bea to keep the lady from falling.

"Glad to hear that. Till next time then." Stephen looked back with a smile then opened the door in front of him to leave the room.

¤¤¤000¤¤¤

Hello there guys! Yes, I'm still alive and so is this novel. Well, I'm decided to finish this after all so I can go on with my other works.

Please vote of you liked this chapter, otherwise leave a comment

Next Chapter: Battle Royale