Chapter 8 - Cat and Dog

Back in time, just several minutes after Mark's training with May, the elevator door by the training room opened for yet another figure.

"I would like to train alone, thank you!" As if recognizing the identity of the newcomer, May firmly spoke without looking at the elevator as her felid hissed and stopped sparring her.

"May, May, May always as stiff as ever. And what would sparring with your kitty cat get you? A skill to catch some mice?" The newcomer laughed loudly in mockery with a deep male voice similar to that of a madman. In response, May's felid began to snarl and posed with an attacking stance.

"Well, better than some mindless freaks who only knows how to mess things up." May struggled to keep herself composed as she vented her anger on her hands by forming tight fists. With her feeling of vexation, her felid snarled even louder as if waiting for a command to attack.

The man's laugh stopped, creating a short time of silence in the room. The sound of loud then footsteps followed as her felid moved to May's side.

"Well let's see about that!" The man jolted forward aiming to stab May on her back with a knuckle knife on his right hand.

May's felid then moved with lightning speed to block the man's attack with its claws.

The man quickly made a follow-up attack by kicking the felid, causing May to quickly move aside, evading her thrown felid. May's evasion caused the felid to be sent flying towards the wall at the back of the room.

"Haha! Now that's messing up!" The man, not wasting a second, closed up on May yet again but this time, aiming for her throat with another knuckle knife, worn on his left hand. May was able to retract the knuckle knife by quickly hitting the side of its blade with her gun.

As the man moved, his long, braided burnt red hair danced like a rope being slung. His round chubby face revealed that of a man in his early 40s with an unshaven beard and mustache similar to the color of his hair but with a darker shade. He moved quickly in spite of his huge muscular body. Even with the man slightly curled, May's full height could only reach up to his chest.

May pulled up another gun with her left hand, which the man quickly punched down with the knuckle knife on his right hand.

"You're getting slower May!" The man again laughed as he tried to trip May by squatting down and sliding his right leg in a counter-clockwise motion. With her fast reflexes though, May was able to quickly sprint backward to avoid being tripped and to gain distance with the man as well.

"And you're as dumb as ever Tyron!" May smirked as her felid suddenly bolted past her and towards Tyron.

May's felid, with its dexterity, was able to maneuver itself midair to make its feet face the wall instead of being smashed onto it with its back as how it was positioned earlier. With that, it kicked the wall and jolted back to its opponent. The moment May sprinted backward, it was already a few inches away from her.

Tyron blocked the felid's claw with its right knuckle knife. Her demon's attack gave her the opportunity to fire a shot. Tyron however, was fast enough to pull half his body backward to his right to avoid the bullet.

The felid used the chance to kick Tyron by his abdomen but as agile as he was, he was able to sprint backward before the felid's feet could come in contact with him. May fired another shot while Tyron was in midair and yet the man's agility allowed him to dodge again.

In Tyron's eyes, the bullets came like a mere fly, racing towards him. To May's surprise, he was able to cut the bullet in half, preventing it from hitting him. He cut another bullet which was fired a few seconds later from the gun on May's left hand, making her even more annoyed.