Chapter 39 - War of Gadgets

"Bruno Alba, Ernani Beltran, Vincent and Lyn Dy." A day before the tournament, the General summoned Tyron, Chaz, Stephen and May for a secret meeting. "I know all of you are familiar with these targets."

"Haha! Of course! That's old man Bruno right there!" The General's briefing was suddenly interrupted by a cheerful Tyron whose speech was cut short by the General's demand for attention.

"Ehem!" It took a simple throat-clearing gesture for the meeting attendees to bring their focus back on the General. "Tomorrow, during the final tournament, we've learned that the MPA group is to launch a stealth infiltration mission. According to our sources, they are aiming to capture all the officials that would be present at the event."

The General stopped at the sight of Stephen raising his right hand. "Yes Stephen you may speak up."

"I am just wondering. Whoever would actually have the guts of infiltrating a heavily guarded fort to capture their targets. Wouldn't they have some better ways to obtain their targets, other that throwing themselves in the...well...wolves den?" Stephen quickly asked away upon the General's permission.

"You've got a point there Stephen that's why I need you here to capture at least one of them during their operation. We will be securing the officials just in case but would initially pretend to continue on with our usual operations to make sure they doesn't suspect us of discovering their stealth operation. Also, we cannot underestimate their ways yet, as we all know that all those four once belonged to our side and knows our facilities very well."

"Gah! Whatever! Just leave old man Bruno to me and you all handle the rest!" Tyron once again interrupted in a boasting speech.

"Really. Taking on your previous mentor eh. Well good luck." May mocked, Tyron who was obviously pissed off by his rival's undesirable choice of words.

"Hahaha. As if that old man can actually scare me. Just you watch me beat that gramp up in a jiffy!" Hiding his annoyance, Tyron spoke back in a louder tone.

The General cut the quarrel with another throat-clearing gesture. "I know you would all willingly take on each of them that's why I personally handpicked you for this mission. But remember, you must capture at least one of them alive."

Back at the present time with the on going infiltration, Stephen and his two other companions quickly but carefully trod through the current level in hunt for their targets.

"This can't be a stealth operation. What can those rebels hope to accomplish with simply barging in our base and noisily announcing their presence?" Chaz suddenly spoke, puzzled of how the current infiltration turned out. With their first target having been found so easily, even seemingly bringing itself right towards them, their minds can't help but be blown by what is actually happening.

"A distraction perhaps. No this must be one. An espionage can't be this reckless!" Stephen stopped, suddenly realizing that the current situation doesn't make any sense. "We have to go back."

The three were about to make a turn about when several metallic spiders rushed towards them, coming from the end of the current hall they are in.

"You two go on ahead. Our mission is to capture at least one of them alive. I doubt Tyron would be smart enough to accomplish that task. From the looks of these little droids, I think this one is mine to deal with." Chaz stayed at the scene, with Stephen and May moving on ahead with their retreat.

Chaz reached for one of his pockets, then let a metallic ball, the size of a golf ball roll towards the mass of metallic spiders. Upon reaching a certain distance, Chaz then pressed something in his suit, quickly putting the ball to an abrupt stop then transformed into a short rod with the lower portion turning as a base that clamped onto the floor and the upper part, dividing itself into four sections and formed what looked like tiny helicopter blades that are all arched upward. The cylindrical bar that connected the upper and lower part of the sphere spun, having two sections going on opposite directions. Creating a strong electromagnetic force, having all the metallic spiders violently pulled towards the rod and are all disabled upon contact.

"So you were able to finish that small project of yours. Oh but of course it's been what? Five years?" A slender teen walked towards the main hall appearing from the left path, hanging at the ceiling with the use of a gadget attached on his back with several leather straps. The gadget has six bionic ant-like legs each sticking at the ceiling.

Chaz deactivated the electromagnetic field he just created with the previous gadget he used upon seeing that all the metallic spiders were deactivated. "I really love to have a small chit chat in our sudden reunion but I guess this isn't the right time." Chaz then threw three more metallic balls into the air, with each automatically transforming themselves into hummingbird like creatures. Each attacked the current enemy with lasers that project from their beaks.

Chaz's enemy simply blocked the lasers with a spell shield. "Come on now teacher. Didn't you miss me?" Two of the teen's six bionic legs detached themselves from the ceiling then each formed a gun-like weapon, firing at the humming birds. Chaz' gadgets were able to evade at a certain time but it didn't take that long till one was finally taken down.

"I'm wondering, that little toy of yours over there might help a lot." The teen referred to the rod that made the electromagnetic force earlier while the exchange of shots continued between him and the two remaining hummingbirds.

"I don't know, maybe I can save that for later." Chaz replied then made the two hummingbirds explode, creating a thick smoke that covered a large area between Chaz and his enemy.

The smoke cleared soon enough, with the teen being covered by a sphere of spell shield while Chaz being nowhere in sight.

"A game of hide and seek! Yay teacher really knows my favorite game! Now, where could he have gone?" A small eyeglass lense, suddenly appeared at the teen's left eye seemingly able to show a thermographic image of the area, including the view behind each walls. "Phew, teacher really hides so well. But I will find you soon enough!" The teen cheerily moved forward with the four bionic legs that are still attached to the ceiling, do a walking motion and the other two pairs remaining as guns.

¤¤¤000¤¤¤

This is supposed to be a whole fight scene but I don't want you guys waiting a bit longer so I decided to cut it here and continue on the scene at the next chapter.

Next Chapter: Mentors and Students