C 10

I sit on a chair  in Doctor strange's basement as I begin to doze off.

MJ and Ned on the laptop as they search for more multiverse trespassers.

After that Chinese, thank you Doctor strange, it made me quite tired.

I can't help thinking about all what those guys said about  me, well the other version of me.

I jump in my chair as my phone rings.

I pull my phone out as I hold it to my ear, sitting up.

"Hello?"

"Where are you? You were just for going to lunch with MJ and Ned. It is half 11 In the middle of the night, and you are not back yet."

"Sorry mom I—"

"Don't you dare tell me you forgot"

I sigh as I run a hand through my hair.

"I'm coming home now. Literally walking on foot."

"I can get your dad to—"

"No! It's okay. I won't be long. I need the walk I had a big lunch... and dinner..."

I jump to my feet as Ned and MJ turn to me.

"You have half an hour to get your ass through the door Gwen. I mean it"

"Come on I have been out a lot later before"

"Not when you have been associated with a criminal and everyone would stop at nothing to get to you to get to him"

I sigh deeply at my mom's words.

"You best be home by 12 sharp or you're  grounded."

"You can't ground me"

"I can and I will. My house, my rules"

"Ugh, fine. I'm going. Be there soon."

I then hang up as I shove my phone in my pocket, grabbing my stuff.

"What's wrong?"

"Who was that?"

I turn to Ned and MJ.

"My mom. She's pissed  I haven't came home yet. Thinks I am going to get attacked by a riot group because I am
Associated with a 'criminal' "

"Just say what I told my dad. He thinks I'm staying at Yours."

"And my nana thinks I'm staying at Peters. She trusts him"

"Well my mum doesn't trust Peter no more. And if I told her I am staying at MJ's, she would ask for confirmation. And I am not up for putting on fake voice pretending to be your dad"

I turn from Ned to MJ.

"I could do it! Hello Mrs Stacy I am MJ's dad and I give blessing for your daughter to stay over tonight"

Ned smiles proud of himself.

"Yeah... no. Not happening"