Oh Woah He's Hot! (5)

Madelyn and Peter walked side by side down the street of Midtown New York. They were both silent. Peter was thinking about his life and how he could put the pieces back together. Madelyn was more thinking of what she was going to order.

They walked into the little sandwich place on the corner. Peter looked up finally. He walked up to the counter. "Hey Donte can I get a turkey sub and can you smush it down real flat" He ordered. "I'm sorry do I know you?" Donte, the man who owned the sandwich shop, asked. "Oh um. No you don't. Sorry" Peter said. The man saw how confused Peter was looking and just played it off. "We will get that sandwich started for you. Anything else?" Donte asked.

"Um yes. Madelyn what do you want?" Peter asked. "Um. Can I have same thing?" Madelyn asked Donte. "Yup." The man answered. "Is that all?" He asked. "Yes. That's it" Peter said and pulled out some cash. "What do I owe you?" Peter asked. "Nothing. It's on the house" Donte said. "Oh are you sure? I don't mind paying." Peter said. "No im sure. You and your girlfriend have fun alright" Donte said and went to the back to make the sandwiches.

"She isn't my girlfriend" Peter said. "She is me from another universe" He whispered the last part. "Maybe you shouldn't go around saying that." Madelyn said. "You're right. Sorry" Peter said. "Pete can I ask you a question real quick?" Madelyn asked. Peter nodded. "When you said MJ doesn't remember you or what you guys had what did you mean by that?" Madelyn asked.

Peter took a deep breath. "When Dr. Strange sent everyone back to their universes he made it so everyone in this one forgets Peter Parker and they forgot that he is spiderman" Peter explained. "Now why did he do that?" Madelyn asked. "I messed up his spell and this was the only way to fix what I broke" Peter said. "Ahh ok" Madelyn said, finally connecting the dots.

"Here you two go" Donte said and placed a bag on the front counter. "Thanks man. I owe you one" Peter said before walking out and holding the door for Madelyn. "Thank you" She said. They walked back to Peter's apartment. When they got there Madelyn had a great idea.

"Wanna eat at the top of the Empire State Building?" She asked. Peter looked at her with a smile. She took that as a yes and they rushed to get their suits on. They didnt care this time, too excited for the trip. They both stripped and put their suits on.

"Got the food?" Peter asked. Madelyn held up the bag. "Let's roll" Peter said. They both ran and jumped out of the window. They swung threw the streets until they got to their destination. Peter sat down on the edge and Madelyn sat next to him.

"Pass me a sandwich" Peter said. "As you wish" Madelyn said and chucked his sandwich at him. They both laughed. They unwrapped their sandwiches and dug in.

"So what does life look like at home?" Peter asked. "Well My Aunt May is probably worried sick about me. I definitely missed school. And I miss my bed in my room" Madelyn said. Peter chuckled. "What was your May like?" Peter asked. "She is great. She and I have girls night every friday and we drink and we eat and talk shit about the annoying boys at my school" Madelyn said. Peter smiled. "What about you? What was your May like?" Madelyn asked.

Peter looked at her. "She was great. She really was. She did her absolute best for people for weren't as fortunate as us. She worked at a shelter and she ran a food pantry. She did everything while rising me. She made me feel like I could do anything as long as she was at my side. When I told her about spiderman she encouraged me. She told me that with great power comes great responsibility" Peter said. "But she never let me drink" Peter finished. Madelyn and Peter laughed.

"You know she is still by your side" Madelyn said. "She is watching over you Peter" Madelyn put her arm around Peter and pulled him into a hug. "Thank you Madelyn. That makes me feel better" Peter said and wrapped his arms around her waist.