I Want To Forget (8)

Madelyn waited for Bucky to look back to her. She felt his hand let go of hers. She took a deep breath and stepped back. "Sorry for asking" She said and sat back on the couch. Bucky signed and sat next to her.

"Look this is all new" Bucky started. "And you tend avoid conversations because somethings make you anxious? I know" Madelyn said. "No" Bucky said. "I mean yes but no" He said again. "That's not confusing at all" Madelyn said.

"Please listen" Bucky said, turning to face her. She kept looking forward. "Can you please look at me?" He asked. She rolled her eyes but turned to face him.

Madelyn could tell he was nervous. "I'm just gonna say it" Bucky said. "You make me nervous" He said. Madelyn blushed a little. "You make me feel safe. Like I could tell you anything." Bucky said. "I have never felt this way before."

Madelyn looked at him. "I want to tell you about the winter soldier. I'm not scared of you judging me or my past but I am scared that I might scare you" Bucky said. "I've known you for 24 hours and I already feel like im spilling my entire life story" Bucky finished. He scanned Madelyn's face waiting for her response.

"Tell me" Bucky said. "I can you are thinking just please tell me" He said. "Bucky I want to know your life story. I want to know everything about" Madelyn said. "But I think you should put this on" She said with a laugh and handed him his shirt. "You're distracting me" She finished.

"Can you get this web off me first?" Bucky asked. Madelyn jumped up. "Oh yah" She said. She grabbed her shirt that was on the floor and used it to pull the web off Bucky.

She finished cleaning it up and sat back down. "Ok" He took a deep breath. "The winter soldier was a mind control tactic used by some Russian people in Siberia. I fell off a train in the process I lost my arm. That was where they found me and took me. Thats is when they put the whole winter soldier thing in me." Bucky said. Madelyn listened. "That sounds awful" She said. "It gets worse" He started again. "When I was the winter soldier they would send me on these missions. To do things for them" He said. "Like what?" Madelyn asked. "They would send me to kill people who knew about them or knew too much about some interests of theirs" Bucky said.

"Madelyn I did some awful things when I was the winter soldier and the worst part of it is that I remember them all" Bucky said. Madelyn looked shocked at what he said. "Sometimes I feel like what if he came back? What if I wasn't able to stop him?" Bucky asked aloud. More to himself than her. "You told me that in Wakanda they helped you" Madelyn said. "Yes" Bucky said. "I still have that fear" Bucky said.

"You shouldn't" Madelyn said. "He is gone. And he wasn't you" She said. "That makes me feel a little better" Bucky said. "I want to forget." Bucky finished. They sat there in silence.

"Do you want to go for some fresh air?" Madelyn asked. "What does that mean?" Bucky asked. "It'll be fun. Come on" Madelyn said and pulled her boots on. "I'm gonna hate this" Bucky said, but stood up with her.

Madelyn walked over to window. Bucky was next to her. "Do you trust me?" She asked. "Do I have to?" Bucky asked. "Yah" She said and shoved him out the window. She jumped after him. Right before Bucky was going to hit the ground she used her webs and pulled him up to her. He grabbed her around her waist and held on tightly. "I swear to god, if you do that to me again I will.." Madelyn cut him off. "Just enjoy the view Buck. You will thank me later" Madelyn said. Bucky would jumped and scream as Madelyn took turns or swung higher up.

She kept going higher until she landed on top of the empire state building. Bucky refused to let go of her. "Come on Bucky look around" Madelyn said. He kept his arms firmly around her, but he looked up. "Woah" He said. Madelyn smiled. "It's beautiful" Bucky said. Madelyn chuckled. "I know. I come here all the time" Madelyn said. Bucky loosened his grip on her. "You know you can let go" Madelyn said. Bucky slowly let go of her waist. He looked over the edge.