13. love, it's simple

13 | "It's mine

13 | "It's mine."

PREVIOUSLY.

Hyemi looked broken.

Defeated, she whispers her last words along with tears.

"I hate you."

In a swift motion, she's pulled into Namjoon's arms, face smothered into his chest as he hugs her like she'll disappear into foam if he doesn't.

And in his arms, she cries.

CHAPTER 13.

SIX YEARS AGO.

THE SCHOOL HALLWAYS, as usual, reeked of students loitering at their lockers- some waiting, some dawdling, and some getting ready to ditch- before the second bell rings.

In the middle of the halls, a girl, hugging a book to her chest, catches sight of someone opening their locker. He's standing there, back turned and head hung as he rummages through his belongings. And the girl, only a teenager, feels her heart skip at how good he looks under the winter sunlight, how perfectly rolled his white sleeves are, showing his soft, sun-kissed forearm, and how boyish he's emanating in his sloppily dressed uniform.

"Yoongi."

A tug on his sleeve causes the boy to stiffen.

"Min Yoongi."

Delicately, something cold encircles around his wrist, and the boy feels his arm being pulled down by his side, swinging like a pendulum to the beat of her hands.

"Yoongi-ah~"

Her honey-like voice sings him along to falter his every movement, and his eyes can't help but attract to the left of her.

"Are you still sulking?"

Yoongi is rendered breathless when Hyemi- in her small, beautiful, white uniform and ponytail, suddenly pops her head into his line of sight, her chin resting on his chest ever so softly. He knows this time and time again, but she truly is the epitome of late spring, blooming of immature and unknowing youth.

Hyemi stares up through her lashes. "Don't be mad anymore, hm?"

Flustered, he pulls back, his chin grazes the tip of her nose in a failed attempt to avoid her gaze. She doesn't notice but, he was stunned helpless when she snuggles up closer.

Yoongi had gotten into a fight the other day. Simply because another student was trying to hit on Hyemi. He doesn't remember much, as he really didn't care on what bullshit the guy said. But he does remember punching him and getting detention.