o6. life is funny but it's never 'haha' funny

o6 | "That jerk"

o6 | "That jerk"

PREVIOUSLY.

Namjoon, along with the others look back and forth between the two, noticing a weird, suffocating vibe that they couldn't quite figure out.

But of course, Namjoon already knows exactly why.

Namjoon gulps.

"Hye. I-I can explain."

CHAPTER 6.

THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF MEN in this world.

There is really only one woman in my entire life.

A man that you are fated to meet and a man that you'd be better off not meeting at all.

The woman I should've held onto and yet at the same time, it was right to have let her go.

Today, I met the third type of man.

Today, I met her again.

A man that I should've never crossed paths with ever again.

The love of my life.

That jerk.

SIX YEARS AGO.

Kim Namjoon was the epitome of a shy, painfully awkward Asian Boy who couldn't hurt a fly without feeling some sort of shame wedged into the body of an sixteen-year-old male, sadly making him into that one cliche character in a film who's always way too passive that you want to smack them upside the head to get some backbone into them. But with thick glasses.

In Hyemi's eyes, she doesn't think any kind of socialization can help him strip away the shy and clumsy pushover role he's got going on, or if it ever will.

For a bit more context: during semester one of grade eight Sex Ed— a time where homophobic slurs circulated shamelessly, Namjoon was covered in cold sweat from the loud boyish snickers behind him. It had gotten so bad that Hyemi decided enough was enough. And so in one swift motion, she helped her best friend slide the condom over the wooden genital model and barked a simple 'fuck off' to the group of good for nothing douchebags behind them.

Namjoon was forever grateful.

And let's not forget the time when Hyemi had found Namjoon crying alone in the bathroom stall. With her clever problem solving skills, she decided to show him lesbian porn so he and his wee-wee would be happy, because what puberty reaching boy would refuse right? But he wailed louder, yelling at her to turn it off because he thought the moans were cries of help, asking her, 'why are they doing that, that woman is in pain!'