o5. her double edged heart

o5 | "Why are you a gang leader?"

PREVIOUSLY.

When the shocked leader tried to step forward only to accidentally stub his toe on a table leg, causing the flower vase to tip over in a heap, Hyemi was certain that this RM person was her childhood neighbour, the one who grew up just 100 centimetres across from her bedroom window, her clumsy best friend.

"Kim Namjoon?"

CHAPTER 5.

A BLANKET OF SILENCE covered the room.

Hyemi looked hopeful, waiting for the man to say something despite already knowing somewhere in her guts that he was indeed, the Kim Namjoon she knew. The low broil of excitement in her stomach intensified the more she looked at him.

Namjoon hasn't seen her in so long and now, out of nowhere, she was here, right in front of him. He was reeling in shock, in disbelief. He tried to say something but his mouth simply stayed opened, gawking like a stupid goldfish. He was utterly speechless.

Although the two childhood friends had no problem basking in thoughtful silence, it was getting borderline uncomfortable for the others.

"Uh," It was Chim who broke the silence first, hesitantly, "Do you two know each other?"

Everyone held their breaths, waiting for a response. But Hyemi simply pushes his question aside and takes a step forward, grinning from ear to ear.

"No way. No freaking way," She says slowly, but excitedly, finally putting the puzzle pieces together. "You're RM?"

The leader seemed to snap out of it at the sound of his name, his eyes finally focusing on the situation at hand. "Uh, y-yea. But—"

He was cut off when Hyemi suddenly lets out a strange girly cry of either excitement or horror, her legs moving even faster than when she was running away from the boys, straight towards the dirty blonde.

The leader had no time to get ready but his arms nevertheless, wrapped around her waist as she jumped into Namjoon's arms, still squealing. It was brave of her to think he'd catch her knowing just how clumsy the man was.

"I can't believe it. When they said I had to meet their leader, I imagined some horribly aged, business-y pimp man with a stubble," Hyemi says, getting more and more fascinated by the second.

She makes that weird excited-slash-horrified cry again and hugs Namjoon tighter. "But it's just you! It's just good ol' Joonie!"