o4. trust

o4 | "I'm just a delivery girl"

PREVIOUSLY.

Rapid footsteps followed closely and Hyemi's heart thumped. She turns her head, expecting to see Cosmo and Wanda hot on their trails, but it was only Jimin and Jungkook sprinting to catch up, their foreheads exposed from the wind whipping around them.

She wasn't exactly sure which scenario was better.

Then, Jimin catches her gaze and sends her a wink.

"Run, Rougie, run!"

CHAPTER 4.

HYEMI HAS BEEN IN A LOT of weird situations before. Although, this has got to top the time when some basketball senior pressured her into being his pretend girlfriend so he can make his crush jealous.

But by the end of the week, his heart was ripped out and burned to ashes because the girl actually confessed to him first. But not for him, no.

For his sister. Turns out, she wanted to get permission from him to pursue his sister.

Poor guy.

No, poor me.

Hyemi huffs, fully taking in this ridiculous situation she's got herself into. Her small frame was squished between two unnecessarily large men as they lead (kidnapped) her to their dumb cult leader.

As she scans the situation, Hyemi nervously chews on her bottom lip, trapping it between her teeth— she was aggressively throwing a pity party inside her head.

"Would you relax?"

The sudden warmth on her shoulder made Hyemi jump almost ten feet into the air; her heart beating so fast, she wasn't sure how it was possible. She whips her head to her right (or more like upwards since the jerk was so goddamn tall that she basically got whiplash) to look at the guy named Kook peering down at her with a raised judgemental eyebrow, his palm firmly resting on her shoulder.

For some strange reason, the fast drumming of her heart slows down just a bit the more she stares at him. The way he looked at her was as if he was amused. That tiny lift at the corner of his lips inched a nano-millimetre higher and it pissed Hyemi off, like it was some kind of pest.

He didn't look like he was trying to scare her but he did annoy the crap out of her, that's for sure.

"How do you expect me to relax when you're basically threatening me to follow you to this person who may or may not wipe me off the face of earth?" Hyemi shoots them a 'are you kidding me' look.