o3. fate is one persistent asshole

o3 | "Run, Rougie, run!"

PREVIOUSLY.

Whatever. After tonight Jang Hyemi, all you'll remember tomorrow morning is that you got off work late, got stuck in traffic, missed your new Bob's Burgers episode because of it and fell asleep hugging your favourite ice cream on the couch, alright?

All you'll remember is that you had a normal, normal day.

And that's exactly what the exhausted, red headed delivery girl chanted to herself as she dozed off.

CHAPTER 3.

IT HAD BEEN ABOUT A WEEK since the colorful haired freaks incident and Hyemi could not be any happier to have her normal, boring life back.

"Hyemi! One honey garlic for table 5!"

"On it!"

The first few days, she was extremely paranoid. Doing things like building a new lock for her door or asking for a sick leave from work. She got an earful from Halma, telling her how she was being an irresponsible good for nothing bum but she didn't care; she learned something from that day.

Safety is always first, no matter how tasty the chicken is.

She places the food down as she tells table 5 to enjoy and walks back to the counter. Glancing at her wristwatch, Hyemi huffs in annoyance because that rude coworker of hers is late, again.

As if Boss knew what made her so irritated, the middle aged lady appeared next to her and smiled. "Baekhyun is going to be late again but no worries, Hyemi-ah. You can leave early since business is quite slow today," she says.

Hyemi relaxes in gratefulness. "Thanks, boss. You're the best," she beams.

The woman was in her late thirties but to Hyemi, she could easily pass as a blooming adult in her twenties. Not a single wrinkle adorns her face and not to mention, she can move insanely fast. As long as it concerns the restaurant of course; anything else, she's as slow as a sloth.

A soft knock on her forehead snaps Hyemi out of her daze. "Ah, what was that for!"

She looks up to see Boss giving her a stern look, "Just because I let you off early doesn't mean you can daze off all the time. You've been glaring at the honey garlic chicken orders like they robbed your entire family or something."

"Is there something bothering you?" She asks.

Hyemi blinks, not quite sure how to respond since she didn't even realize it herself. "No... no, nothing's bothering me."

Boss eyes her skeptically but drops it anyways until a voice resonates from the kitchen.

"It better not be about a boy!"