o1. wanna see a magic trick?

o1 | "I swear it was an accident"

CHAPTER 1.

ANOTHER LATE NIGHT delivery was called in and despite being off work, Hyemi volunteered to work overtime. Again.

She wasn't very familiar with the given address but knows she'll figure it out; she is (according to herself) the most skilled delivery girl the restaurant has, after all. Unlike a certain immature asshole who shows up to work, tipsy.

The red headed girl stopped her bike at a red light and sighed. She was exhausted after a full day at work but a tiny nostalgic smile managed to stretch across her face once her eyes landed on a house she was all too familiar with.

Before, the house was a bit on the tattered side but now, the new owners transformed the small, one story house into a cozy, modern home with beautiful flowers decorating it's patio. Even though she's been to that house a million times when she was younger, it no longer resembles the house that used to be like a second home to her.

Five years ago, she was devastated to find out that her two best friends had moved out. She had to grow up watching her second home being sold away to strangers, watching them move their own stuff in from her bedroom window.

She knew they had to have left for a good reason. Yet, Hyemi couldn't help but feel betrayed by them for never telling her anything.

There's really no use in contacting them (she still tries till this day) because it was like they'd completely vanished into thin air. It almost angered Hyemi; to think that the two people she considered as her best friends had abandoned her.

She turned a corner smoothly, making sure to slow down so the chicken stayed steady. Once she reached the destination, she got off her bike and hugged her helmet to her hip. Taking the hot boxes of chicken, she scanned the area and frowned at the sight before her.

The area was deserted; a lack of people, a lack of houses and a lack of sound. There were a few abandoned warehouses to the side and when she checked the address again, it matched.

Weird.

"Whatever, let's just get this over with. I am not missing another episode of Bob's Burgers tonight," she grumbled. Approaching the buildings, she halted when a thought suddenly occurred to her.

What if some psychopath purposely wanted it delivered here so he can satisfy his pleasures of murdering people?

Hyemi shook her head. Stop scaring yourself. "Boss said this was one of her regulars," she muttered, reassuring herself.

With a deep breath, Hyemi called out politely. "Excuse me, I have a delivery for customer JK!"

Not a single sound.