Chapter 1 - Doubts

Second place. The Rosemeadow High School won the second place.
It's a good position, to be honest. The music club couldn't be even happier.

After the competition, everything changed. Suddenly, Hailey was popular in the school. All the school journeys had a page for the music club.
Hailey would never imagine that.

Now, she needed to think of something else to work on. But nothing came in her mind.

- Ugh, I'm so tired.

- Same here, Hails - Milly sighed.

- If only there was something we could do besides practicing Take me Away and Axis of your love...

Yes, after the competition, they only practiced their performance songs, waiting for some oportunity or an atypical day to perform at school.

Jake was almost falling asleep in boredom. He was using his cellphone, trying to stay awake.

Milly was listening to a song with her earphones. But Sean wasn't there to share them.
It is pretty weird...

Everyone was in the same room, but no one dared to say a word.
That is until Daisy knocked the door.

- Uhm...Hey guys! Can I come in?

- Oh, sure! - Hailey affirmed.

The head girl made her way into the music room.

- So... How are things in here? Are you guys playing anything?

- Yeah, we've been, for entire weeks. And for no reason at all - The turquoise-haired girl gave a deep sigh.
- This is freaking me out... We need to do something. But I'm very out of ideas.

Daisy pauses for a moment, trying to think of something. Suddenly, she told:

- Hey! I actually have an idea to save you guys from this silence!

- What? You serious? - Jake got up from the chair once he heard it.

- Oh my God, tell us!! - Milly's energy soon soared.

- You guys can try to make a love song, like a letter!

...Seems interesting! - Luke exclaimed.

- Thanks, Luke! So, Hailey, will you consider my idea...? I totally understand if you don't. But-

- What are you talking about, Daisy? This idea is amazing! Of course I'm gonna do that! I'll make sure to credit you for the inspiration. - Hailey excitedly agreed.

- Really? Oh, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! How about you, Jake? You're also a singer in the club.

- I'm completely fine with it! Your idea is so cool! - He gave Daisy a bright and charming smile.
So much that made Hailey coy a little bit.

Daisy just returned the smile; then, she added:

- Well, if you need anything, I'm looking forward to lend a hand. Hope you guys can make a song in time for the talent show! Who knows you will perform it onstage?

Oh yeah, the talent show. It was announced on the very first day of school.

- Wow, I nearly forgot about the talent show! W-we will probably sign up. - The president girl said, looking a little upset.

- Wonderful! I can't wait to see you guys playing again!

Dang, what a cheerful girl Daisy was. Always joyful with all things.
Except her relationship with her mothers, of course. But only Sean knew that, anyway.

- Well, I've got to go now. It's almost time for my student council meeting. See you soon, guys! Bye, Hailey and Jake!

- B-bye Daisy! - Jake stuttered a little.