Chapter 2 - A strange headache

Lunchtime is over. It was time for history classes. Everyone always hated this class. Even though Miss Jones was kind of weak to scold anyone, no one dared complain about the class.

Everyone took their usual seats, but Drew ended up sitting somewhere else, without Jake noticing.
When he realized, he went to get out of the desk, but Hailey arrived before, asking:
- Uhm, can I sit with you?
He was a little surprised, but nodded, letting her sit next to him.
It was the first time Hailey had sat with Jake of her own free will. Why, though?

- So, what brings you here?

- Nah, I just saw you were alone and thought Drew left you behind. So I wanted to sit here.

- In fact, he just sat elsewhere. But I don't mind sitting next to you.

Hailey smiled.

- All right, class, is everyone already seated in their seats?

- Yes, Miss Jones. - All the students in the class state in unison.

- Okay then, let's start the class. - Miss Jones tells the room and turns to the blackboard, on which she intended to write the class subject.

Hailey wasn't feeling too well, oddly enough. She started to get a nagging headache. But she thought it was nothing.
However, Jake noticed that she had put her hands on her head, and soon understood what was happening.

- Hailey, if you have a headache, you should let the teacher know and stay outside for a while to ease the pain.

- Thanks for the concern, but it shouldn't be too much, it will pass soon I'm afraid.

- If you say so...

- Jake and Hailey, can you stop talking in the middle of class? Otherwise, I'll have to separate you two. I hope I don't have to call you again.

- Sorry, Miss. - Hailey redeems herself.

They were silent for a minute while Miss Jones explained about the Cold War. Although it was an important story about the country they live in, no one was paying much attention.
Some students started whispering to avoid attracting attention. So Jake decided to do the same:

- Hailey, I was wondering if we could get the club and Sean together on Sunday after his class to decide on how we're going to do the music for the talent show. Is that okay for you?

- It could be Jake, but I need to warn him first. He may be busy-

- Jake and Hailey! You again?

They stopped talking quickly.

- You know what? To avoid another disturbance, I'll separate you two right away. And who was also talking.

The class fell silent as soon as they heard what came out of the teacher's mouth.

- Maria, switch places with Zoey. Jake, switch places with Drew. And Sadie, switch places with Stacy. That way, no one interferes with the class anymore.

The two students switched places at the same instant.
Unfortunately for Jake, he'd be sitting next to Daisy, the girl he'd intended to dislike a few days after the competition.
And, unfortunely for Hailey, she would be sitting beside Drew.

- Talking to Daisy, Drew?

- Actually no, Daisy was asking Maria a question since her desk was beside ours. Why's that?

- Nothing at all, just curiosity.

- How about you? Why did you sit next to Jake?

- Ah, y-you sat somewhere else, so I thought you wanted to sit with someone else. But he explained to me what happened.