Chapter 7 - A "weird shiver"

Jake and Hailey talked the whole way to the girl's house, and as soon as she got home, her father was taking out the trash.

- Oh, hi sweetie! And, Jake? What are you doing here, bud? - Michael says friendly.

- Oh, Jake wanted to walk me home since he was bored. But he's leaving now.

- Yeah, she's right. - Jake agrees.

- Aw, why won't you stay a bit longer? - Hailey's father invites - We're having a snack in half an hour, you could join us if you want to.

- Really? Well, thank you, Mr. Austin! I just gotta ask my mom if that's okay. The boy thanks and grabs his phone.

A few minutes later, Jake announces:

- She will let me! But only until 5:00pm and then I have to leave.

- Nice! Make yourself at home, Jake. - The father welcomes. The boy nods.

The three start walking to the door. Michael approaches his daughter and whispers:
- I bet you're glad he's staying, huh?~
- What?! Stop it, dad!! It's not like that!
- Hehe, I'm just teasing you.

The door opens, and Shannon soon sees that her husband and daughter have brought a visitor.

- Oh, so we have a visitor?

- Yes, you already know Jake, mum.

- Indeed I do. And you came right in time! I'm starting to make our family snack we have at 3pm everyday.

- Hmm, that smells good! - Jake exclaims.

There was a noise on the stairs just as Jake said that. It was Bethany, coming downstairs. As soon as she saw Jake, she gave a happy sigh and ran to hug him.

- JAAAAKEE!!!

- Oh, haha!! Hey, Bethany! What's up, girl?

- Naah, I was just playing with my Polly dolls.

- Cool! And where is your brother Zander?

- Ah, Zander always takes a nap after school. That sleepy-head.

- Oh, I see...

- But actually, he's gonna wake up for our snack. It won't take too long.

After a few seconds, the house had a weird mood. To break that, Jake suggested to Hailey:

- Hey Hailey, whaddya think of making a Tik Tok video with our song "Axis of your love"?

- Ok, that was random. But sure, that sounds good! Let's go to my room.

[ 6 minutes later ]

The two were still trying to record something good. They were laughing and falling everytime they tried to make a dance move.
But, their fun was interrupted when Zander woke up, opening Hailey's room's door.

- *Yawns*, Hailey, have you seen my earphon- Uuuuh, what is Jake doing here?

- He'll stay for a while.

- Hi to you too, Zander. - Jake said sarcastically.

- Haha, hi, Jake. You guys doing well in here?

- Uhm, just trying to record a Tik Tok.

- Oh, okay. Well, you probably know about the snack, right?

- Yeah.

- Um, actually, would you two mind if I join you?