Room of hidden things

"What is this place?" You mumbled to yourself. You stepped further into the room that had aisles crowded with books, objects, instruments, and many different weird-looking things of all shapes and sizes. There were pillars and walls as far as the eye could see. It almost seemed never-ending.

You kept on walking through the aisles glancing at all the objects. You looked through the wave of things examining each item quickly but carefully. You picked up one of the books that were lying on one of the shelves, in the aisles. It was covered in dust and it smelled exactly like old, cold leather. You opened the book to find the pages inside were completely blank.

You dropped the book down and opened another book that was sitting to the side. You skimmed through the pages, finding the book rather boring, and left it on the shelf. You switched to a different aisle to search for more interesting things. Right before you were about to switch to a different aisle something had caught your eye.

You walked toward the eye-catching object and got a closer look at it. It was a ring and necklace. The ring was oval-shaped and had a range of different colors from green to blue and yellow. The ring had a thick sterling silver band. You grabbed the ring and saw the initials A&S carved inside the ring band.

The necklace attached to the ring had a small heart pendant that had a silver backside. It matched the same colors the ring had. You brought the necklace closer to your eyes and saw that there was something written on the back. "Could we be forever?-R.S".

You thought for a moment thinking about how long this must've been here for. The ring and necklace were so beautifully crafted it made you wonder why someone would just leave them here. You looked at both objects again, putting the ring on your finger. Surprising the ring fit.

You put the ring and the necklace in your pocket. Right as you were about to put the necklace and ring away you heard the door open. You hurried to go hide just in case it was Jazmin or worse. You hid behind one of the pillars in the room and tried your best to keep quiet.

You kept an eye on the door trying to see who had come in. You poked your head out from behind the statue to see who had entered. You saw the dark green and black robes swiftly walk through the aisles and immediately knew who it was. What was he doing in here? Why must he always be where you are?

You ducked out from behind the statue once more, trying to see what he might be looking for. It was at that moment you saw the ring you had just found, sitting on the floor. You thought about leaving it there and waiting till Tom left to go and retrieve it. But what if he took forever to leave? You couldn't just wait here for multiple hours doing nothing.

You had another idea of just going to get the ring and hoping that he wouldn't hear you. You quietly moved from behind the statue tip-toeing towards the ring. You picked up the ring and stuffed it in your pocket. You were tip-toeing back to the door, trying to leave. Just as you were about to leave you heard footsteps walking behind you.

Your whole body froze.

"What are you doing here?" Tom asked calmly as he walked closer to you.

"The same reason you're here." You responded cluelessly with your back still facing him.

"Ohh and what reason is that?" Tom questioned as he grew closer to you, to the point where you could feel him towering over you.

"Nothing you need to know. Now if you'll excuse me I should get going." You replied. Walking away from him and heading back to the door.

"What's the rush y/n?" Tom called out.

"My friend is waiting for me." You replied.

"I think they can wait for a little longer, don't you?" He said. You thought about leaving but in reality, you didn't want to. You wanted to stay with Tom but at the same time, you didn't. You made up your mind and walked back towards tom.