Chapter 18

October 30, 1996

It was a day before Halloween.  Halloween was one of the spectacular days celebrated at Hogwarts. The great hall would have festive decorations filled with floating  jack o lanterns and a feast every year, but this year would be different. This year you would be able to celebrate it with people who were fun and not be alone for once.

It sounded pathetic but you didn't really have many friends before this year, it's not because you didn't want any but making friends was hard especially when there are a lot of people who only cared about blood-status at Hogwarts and being a muggle-born didn't really help your situation.

You woke up as usual, doing the same old routine. You woke up at 7:00 am sharp, fixing your bed quickly, throwing on your uniform and heading down to the bathrooms to continue getting ready. Around 7:35 you would be done getting ready and go to the great hall and have breakfast with either Suzy or Jazmin.

By 8:10 you'd be done eating and walking around the school just to kill time. After spending 50 minutes walking around seeing everyone socialize and talk you would go to class at 9:00. Class as always was boring. In all honesty learning about magic was one of the most interesting things but after a while it could get so dull.

It was almost the end of the day and you were unfathomably exhausted. You walked into Ms.Sprout's classroom sitting next to Suzy. From the side of the eye you saw Tom walk through the door. He always walked so perfectly, so precise and clean. He sat down right across the room from you, waiting for the class to start.

"So how did it work out with that hufflepuff boy yesterday?" You asked

"He was actually really nice." Suzy said with a soft smile.

"So what's his name?" You questioned.

"Sam. He's a year older than us but he's really sweet and very smart." She replied.

"Do you like him?" You inquired.

"I just met him but I think I do." She explained.

"Are you planning on seeing him again?" You asked.

"We're actually going to see eachother again after school. So I wont be coming by the dorm for a while."

"Well I hope you have a fun time." You said.

"Ohh I almost forgot to ask you!" She exclaimed.

"Mhh?"

"Well I overheard that Ginny and Hermione had a change of plans and are going to invite some of the boys from Gryffindor and hufflepuff." She said.

"Huh that's  odd I didn't hear about that?"

"Well you know Harry might be there..." Suzy mumbled. You looked away from suzying focusing your attention back towards Tom.

"I thought you liked him?" Suzy blurted out?

"I did but he likes someone else." You confessed.

"So? Just because he likes someone doesn't mean you can't like him." She stated.

"I'm not even sure if I like him anymore." You admitted.

"Ahh..so you like someone else then?"

"Nope." You responded bluntly.

"Are you sure..." Suzy questioned.

"Yes, I'm 100% sure." You replied.

"I get the feeling that you're lying." Suzy teased.

"Suzy If I did like anyone I promise you'd be the first person I'd tell." You insisted.

"Mhh okay then..." She replied. You turned your focus back to Professor Sprout for the remainder of the class.

As time passed and class was almost over Professor Sprout had brought up the "Fanged Geranium". She had described it as a magical plant with "quite the bite" if it was not taken care of properly. Its fangs were used in many common potions and sometimes in cooking.

The dismissal bell rang shortly after leading students to scurry out of the classroom. You took your time packing up your things and once you were done you left. While you walked out the classroom you could feel someone following you, you didn't turn back to check not wanting to cause suspicion. You kept on walking thinking maybe it was just a coincidence someone was walking the same as you.

So you ignored it for the time being while you walked back to your dorm. It was until you felt a tap against your shoulder. You turned around to find that Tom was there.

"I would like to talk to you about something." He said.

"About what exactly?" You asked.

"I want to apologize." He admitted. It was very unexpected at the moment, you'd never actually thought Tom would willingly do this but he did?

"Apologize?" You repeated.

"Yes, apologize." He assured you.

"Why?" You questioned.

"Just be quiet and let me apologize." He groaned. You stood there quietly waiting for his apology?

"I've realized that I've done things, awful things towards you that I cannot undo and I don't expect you to easily accept this apology but I'm sorry." He muttered with content. You stood there quietly not understanding why he would do this? Tom had no remorse for anything; he felt nothing for no one.

"I appreciate your apology, but you didn't mean any of it did you?" You said blankly. He stood there speechless, not grasping what you had said either.

"Goodbye Tom." You said while walking away from him.

"Wait." He said sternly.

"I've never felt guilty about anything I've ever done to you or anyone else but I did this because you're...useful to me."

"Why would I be any use to you? I thought I was just a filthy mudblood?"

"Even a filthy mudblood has their uses y/n." He said. His cocky remarks didn't bother you anymore, it was the things he said that made you uneasy. Sometimes you didnt really know if Tom meant the things he said if he was just trying to be an asshole.  You knew Toms ideals and most importantly you knew he hated mudbloods. 

*SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT BUT IM WRITING A NEW ONE TO BE RELEASED SOON*