Chapter 10: Deciding on Songs

After the decision, Buster went to Jamie with a piece of paper.

"Now Jamie, given the song you auditioned with, I quickly made a list of songs that I believe would fit you. I also have some duets that I think would fit both you and Johnny," Buster said.

The gorillas looked at each other then away while blushing. Everyone else chuckled at that.

"So if you two want to, you can head up to the main office and get to work on that," Buster told them.

"Okay," Jamie nodded.

"Sounds good," Johnny did the same.

They then headed up to the office where the piano was as Jamie looked over the songs. She then got a text from her dad.

'Hey. Your friend, Maddie, is there. She's a light brown mouse in a blue dress.'

She quickly responded with a 'Cool' then went back to the songs as they went in the office.

She giggled slightly, getting his attention, then said, "It looks he was impressed with my rapping as well as my singing because almost all of them are like that."

"We all did. While you aren't the first to rap to try out for something here, you're the first to do so and make it in," Johnny told her.

"That's cool. But if I'm being honest, I didn't think that you all would want me in the cast," she admitted, sitting in a chair.

He looked at her with a disbelieving look and asked, "You really thought that?"

"Yeah. I don't think of myself as the best singer, especially when I was younger. Whenever I tried out for the musicals, I always got stuck in ensemble, meaning I was only good enough to make it in, just not be the lead," Jamie explained.

"Well it's their loss, because they don't know what a true talent you are," Johnny told her.

She smiled and said, "Thanks, Johnny. That means a lot."

"You're welcome," he returned.

"So, since we are doing a duet, let's pick what we wanna do," Jamie suggested then added as she handed him the list she had, "I also want your help on picking my solo."

"Alright. I'll see what I can do," Johnny nodded, taking the list.

They sat down and looked over all the songs.

"Since you auditioned with 'Problem', I think that the song you should sing is this one," he suggested, pointing at one.

She looked at it, smiled, then commented, "I love that one. It's another one of my favorites."

"Good to know," Johnny replied then suggested, "How about duets?"

Jamie leaned over to see the list again and remarked, "It looks like Mr. Moon has you playing the piano for all of them."

"I almost always am for every show we do," he nodded.

"Well, if we can clear it with Mr. Moon, we could record you playing the piano. Because I don't want to keep you there the whole time," she smirked.

"I like that," he said, nodding in approval.

"I have a few good ideas every now and then," Jamie shrugged innocently, earning a chuckle from him.

"What about this one?" Johnny suggested, pointing one song out.

She looked at it and said, "I'm obsessed with that one."

"That's a yes from both sides then," he smirked.

"Yes!" Jamie cheered dramatically, making him laugh.

She joined in before they noticed how close their faces were. They blushed a bit before straightening up.

"Also, if it's not too much trouble, I would love to dance as well. I mean, I consider myself a better dancer than singer, but if you have confidence I can sing really well, you should see me dance," Jamie requested then mentioned as they stood up, "And from what I heard back in Redshore about you dancing, I have very high hopes I'm in good hands."

Johnny blushed and wondered, "And what did you hear about me?"

"That you absolutely killed it. That you showed Klaus up onstage," she answered.

He chuckled and told her, "Well, when you put it that way, I think dancing to it would be a great idea. And I think I know someone who can help with it. She just got back from a huge dance competition."

"Awesome!" Jamie said excitedly while lightly jumping in place.

And with that, he texted the one he thought could help them then they got started on their songs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Of course I'm not saying what songs they are. XD