Chapter 23: Pep Talks

Maddie just put her dress on when she heard a knock on the doorframe.

(A/N Outfit.)

She turned to see Mike at the door

(A/N Mike's outfit is a suit like he normally wears, but in the same color as her dress.)

"Hey, doll," he greeted.

"Hey, Mike," she returned.

"I never really got to tell you exactly, but I'm really glad you didn't get hurt and sorry your old man was in on it," Mike said, walking to her.

"I appreciate that. Also, don't worry about it. He wasn't always the best anyway, but going that far was a shock," Maddie replied, walking to him.

"I bet. But still, you shouldn't have to go through that. And again, I'm sorry for abandoning you after you told me the truth," he apologized as they got to each other.

"You're here. That's all that matters," she smiled, taking his hand in hers.

They then kissed, him caressing her cheek. They held each other closer until they parted from the kiss to look at each other.

"I love you, Maddie," he told her.

"I love you too, Mike," she returned then they headed backstage.

Meanwhile, Jamie also finished getting ready when she saw Johnny by the doorframe through the mirror.

(A/N Outfit.)

(A/N Johnny's outfit

(A/N Johnny's outfit.)

"How are you holding up?" he asked

She turned around and answered, "I could do without the nerves, but I guess that comes with performing in front of an audience."

Johnny chuckled and said, "It does."

Jamie then replied, "And again, I'm sorry for not telling you about who I really am sooner. I really was planning on telling you, but the more we got to know each other, I thought it would ruin what we had and after I was exposed, I thought it was ruined."

"Hey," he started, going to her and gently holding her arms, then continued, "I should've tried to see you sooner. I was hurt to hear the truth from someone else, but it hurt more to not have you with me. You're still the same Jamie on the inside, I love you no matter what you look like, and you're still beautiful to me."

She started tearing up with a smile, to which he gently wiped it away, then they hugged.

"It's the same with you, Johnny. No matter what you look like, I love who you are and my heart was broken for not being honest as well as being away from you," Jamie told them.

They then parted a bit to look at each other before kissing. It didn't last long, but it was sweet nonetheless. They soon parted, letting their foreheads rest on each other.

"As much as I want to stay like this, the show's about to start," Johnny told her.

"Alright. But I want to stay like this too," she told him.

He chuckled and they held hands while heading backstage.

Once both couples were backstage, the other singers looked at them. Jamie and Maddie looked at each other and stepped forward.

"We're really sorry for not being honest with you guys in the beginning," Maddie began.

"We feel really bad about it and we hope you all can--" Jamie started.

But she was interrupted by everyone giving her and Maddie a group hug. They returned it once out of their shock.

"We're just glad you both are okay," Rosita told them.

"We were shocked to hear the truth, but we felt you didn't lie about who you both were, personality wise," Meena added.

"We're glad to know you, no matter what you two look like," Gunter said.

"We couldn't ask for better new members of the cast," Ash replied.

"You got that right," Porsha stated.

They were still hugging when Buster and Miss Crawly came around the corner.

"What's going on here?" Buster asked as they all parted, saw Jamie and Maddie then said, relieved, "Oh. Glad to have you both back."

"We were so worried about you," Miss Crawly added.

"We're fine. Just glad to be back here," Maddie replied as Mike took her hand in his.

"Couldn't be better," Jamie smiled as she and Johnny held hands.

"Glad to hear it," Buster responded then told them, "Alright everyone. It's time for another amazing show and I hope you all not only do your best, but also have fun."

"Thanks, Mr. Moon," Jamie and Maddie said as the others nodded.

"You're welcome," Buster responded then added before heading up, "Alright, show time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Time for the show to begin!