Chapter 14: Time Flies By

The past two months went by and Jamie and Maddie were loving their time in the Sing universe. They even got to meet Nana Noodleman and Clay Calloway, which made them fangirl. Nooshy was even impressed with how well Jamie could keep up with the choreography she did. Jamie even helped babysit the 25 piglets for Rosita and Norman when Gunter couldn't and while it was a challenge, she had everything down to a tee.

While they were there, the two girls even developed feelings for Johnny and Mike. They had a feeling the boys felt the same way about them, but the major problems were they weren't from that universe and they haven't even told them.

Maddie sat at her window of Mike's place, looking out it to think.

"You okay over there, doll?" Mike asked.

Maddie had gotten used to the nickname Mike gave her a week after they met.

Maddie sighed and answered honestly, "Been better. But I'm not ready to talk about it."

"Well, whenever you're ready, I'll be here," he assured.

"Thanks," she smiled then wondered, "Hey, Mike? From what I remember when I met the Moon cast, Mr. Moon said they haven't heard from you since their first show. Care to explain?"

She was genuinely curious since she and Jamie never saw exactly what happened to Mike since the end of the first movie.

Mike sighed and explained, "I've been laying low since then. But when I thought my girlfriend at the time and I made it out of there, they ate her, making me watch, and almost ate me, but I made it out and have been avoiding then as much as possible."

(A/N I don't know if that's what happened; I'm just guessing.)

"I'm so sorry, Mike," Maddie apologized.

"Don't worry about it," he said before leaving.

She went back to staring out the window before playing a song she and Jamie sang for one showcase before coming here.

Meanwhile, Jamie was getting ready for bed, her thoughts full of guilt for not telling Johnny the truth yet. She felt he would be mad either way, taking so long to tell him or just not accepting the real her.

"You doing okay?" Johnny's voice sounded, making her turn to him.

"Yeah. Just tired," Jamie answered.

"You sure? If there's something I can do to help, I want to help," he offered.

She was still afraid he would be mad about knowing the truth or not hearing it sooner, so she didn't want to ruin that.

"I've got a lot on my mind, but when I'm ready to talk, I'll come to you," she said.

"Alright. Night," Johnny smiled a bit.

"You too," Jamie did the same.

When he left, she sighed before playing a song she and Maddie auditioned with for a showcase a while back before coming to the Sing universe.

[JAMIE:]
"A million thoughts in my head
Should I let my heart keep listening?"
[MADDIE:]
"Cause up 'til now I've walked the line
Nothing lost but something missing"

[BOTH:]
"I can't decide what's wrong, what's right
Which way should I go?

If only I knew what my heart was telling me
Don't know what I'm feeling, is this just a dream?
Ah-oh, yeah
If only I could read the signs in front of me
I could find the way to who I'm meant to be
Oh-oh, if only
If only
If only"

[JAMIE:]
"Every step, every word
With every hour I am falling in"
[MADDIE:]
"To something new, something brave
To someone I, I have never been"

[BOTH:]
"I can't decide what's wrong, what's right
Which way should I go?

If only I knew what my heart was telling me
Don't know what I'm feeling, is this just a dream?
Oh-oh, yeah
If only I could read the signs in front of me
I could find the way to who I'm meant to be
Oh-oh, if only
Yeah"

[JAMIE:]
"Am I crazy?
Maybe we could happen, yeah"
[MADDIE:]
"Will you still be with me when the magic's all run out?"

[JAMIE:]
"If only I knew what my heart was telling me"
[MADDIE:]
"Don't know what I'm feeling, is this just a dream?"
[BOTH:]
"Oh-oh

If only I could read the signs in front of me
I could find the way to who I'm meant to be
Oh-oh"

[JAMIE:]
"If only, yeah"
[MADDIE:]
"If only, yeah"
[JAMIE:]
"If only, yeah"
[MADDIE:]
"If only, if only"
[BOTH:]
"If only"

When they were done, they went to bed, hoping they could tell the one they care about the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This was just added in on a whim. I heard it and was like, "This fits the situation so well". Anyway, back to it.