Chapter 22: Jamie's and Maddie's Life Decisions

A phone call came in after Webber, Crystal, and the three guys were escorted out, and Dr. D answered it.

"Hello?" Dr. D said.

"Hello, Dr. D. This is Mr. Wright with the Board of Directors," the man on the other line replied.

"Oh, Mr. Wright. Hello," Dr. D said.

"Who's Mr Wright?" Johnny whispered to Jamie.

"The main guy in charge of the science labs here," Jamie answered.

"After hearing of the recent predicament of Professor Webber, I think it's safe to say who should be in charge of this department," Mr. Wright said.

"Sir?" Dr. D. questioned.

"Congratulations, Paul. You are now the head scientist of this division," Mr. Wright told him.

"Thank you so much, sir," Dr. D said, trying to keep it together.

"You're welcome," Mr. Wright said then hung up.

Dr. D did the same then faced the others.

"I'm now in charge of this department," Dr. D announced.

The others cheered as Dr. D. accepted a hug from his daughter.

"Congratulations, Dad," Jamie told him, parting from the hug.

"Thanks, Sweetheart," Dr. D said.

"You deserve it, Dr. D," Johnny smiled, holding a hand out to her dad.

"Thanks, Johnny," Dr. D thanked, shaking his hand.

"And I'm sorry about my dad. Who knew he was this crazy?" Maddie apologized.

"Not as crazy as Crystal, but he was crazier for putting you in danger," Mike pointed out, putting an arm around her to which she responded by hugging him.

"And as happy as I am to get this position, there's something else that we need to discuss," Dr. D said.

"What's that?" Johnny wondered.

"Well, I know you all have reconciled and care for one another, but two of you live in one universe and the other two live in the other. Now, I'm not gonna tell Maddie what to do since she's graduated high school and has yet to decide what she wants to do in life, but Jamie, you're still in high school," Dr. D pointed out.

Johnny and Jamie were shocked to hear this.

"Are you saying we can't be together?" Jamie asked, hugging Johnny's arm while tearing up.

"Wait, you said that since I graduated high school and haven't decided what I want to do yet, I can make my own decision, right?" Maddie questioned.

"Well, yes," Dr. D nodded.

"Okay then. Well, I decide to be with Mike, meaning I'll go back to the Sing universe. But with Johnny and Jamie, they can still be together and she still be in school. They can visit each other with the wristbands whenever they want and when she graduates, then she can move to the Sing universe to officially be with Johnny," Maddie proposed.

Johnny and Jamie smiled happily at her then each other before looking at Dr. D, waiting to hear his response.

"That does seem to make sense. And seeing how much you all care for your partner, I think I can agree to that," Dr. D said.

They all cheered and Jamie and Johnny hugged, him spinning her around. They even kissed for a moment before he gently put her down and they soon parted.

"Wait. What about the show? It starts in an hour," Mike said.

"Yeah," Jamie agreed then suggested, "Dad, this show is important to all of us. You know I've always wanted to do theatre but never had the time; well now, I can do something I love with someone I love and that is the best feeling in the world."

Johnny smiled before taking her hand, to which she smiled in return.

"Enough said. Let's go then," Dr. D responded.

He then had the scientists turn on the portal for the Moon Theater and they went through, Mike and Johnny returning to their original forms, Maddie and Jamie turning into their animals forms, and Dr. D coming out a male gorilla.

"This is really strange," Dr. D commented.

"Get used to it, Dad. Now come on," Jamie urged.

Dr. D went in the front of the theatre and managed to buy a ticket as the other four went through the back and started getting ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Glad that's all cleared up. It was hectic writing the tension parts.