Chapter 20: Answers Needed

At that, Johnny made it to Jamie's universe. He looked around to see he was just outside the science lab where Jamie's dad worked. He approached the doors to see his reflection in the glass, making him stop in shock.

(A/N Imagine Taron Egerton in Johnny's clothes and around 18.)

He looked at himself for a minute before remembering he needed to go talk to Jamie. He went in and looked around until he found the most people in one room where the portal was. He then went to one of the scientists.

"Excuse me, sir," he called, the scientist looked at him, then Johnny requested, "I'm looking for Jamie. Do you know where I can find her?"

"Why do you need to talk to my daughter?" the scientist, Dr. D, said.

Johnny's eyes widened a bit before continuing.

"Well, you see sir, my name is Johnny. I'm from the other universe and I'm normally a gorilla. But Maddie needed me to talk to her because I need to know if everything Jamie told me is true," Johnny explained.

"My daughter isn't known to be a liar; she only said some things because inter-dimensional contact is still being tested, so she needed to be careful," Dr. D replied then added, "She's cleaning my office. Down the hall and last door on the right."

"Thank you, sir," Johnny told him then left.

He went down the hall and when he turned into the doorway of the last door on the right, he saw Jamie with her back turned, cleaning her dad's desk. He could scarcely hear her sniffles from crying, making him a bit sad. He then stepped in before speaking up.

"Jamie," he said.

She froze in place before slowly turning to see him.

"J-Johnny? Is that really you?" she asked.

"Yeah. It's me," Johnny nodded.

"I don't understand. How are you here? I didn't hear the portal come on," Jamie asked.

"Maddie gave me one of those wristbands that opens a portal to here and back," Johnny answered, showing her the wristband around his wrist.

"So what are you doing here?" she wondered.

"Maddie told us everything about you and her. She and Nooshy told me if I wanted to hear your side of the story, I needed to come here and talk with you. So here I am and as a human," he said.

Jamie sighed as a tear escaped her eye. She wiped it away before looking at Johnny, who was waiting for answers. She gestured him to sit in the chair across from the desk, which he did, and she sat on the desk.

"Well, the only things that weren't true were my appearance and that I was from Redshore. Here, there are movies and shorts about you guys, which Maddie and I have watched constantly, so we already knew what happened to you all, but hearing it again wasn't just to make us look less suspicious of us being from a different universe. Hearing it in your own words is interesting. But everything else was true: I'm a junior almost senior, I never had a lot of time to perform no matter how much I wanted to, I came alone, I only sided with the bears when Mike cheated them out of their money, and how I feel about you," Jamie explained.

He listened to everything she had to say before the last thing made him perk up.

"And how do you feel about me? Because after we left things before the bears exposed you, I never got a clear answer," Johnny told her, standing up and crossing his arms.

"Really? Because I thought it was clear until I ruined everything. I like you. A lot. The thing that was complicated was the real me being human, not a gorilla," she stated, sighed, then said while turning away from him, "Johnny, nothing would make me happier than to drop everything here to be with you in your universe, but let's face it: I ruined everything by not being completely honest with you and you came here for nothing."

"I didn't say that nor would I ever say that. I was surprised to see who you really were, you not being the one to tell me in the process," he remarked as he walked closer to her, and continued as he gently rubbed her arms, "But I didn't come here for nothing; I came for you. You told me what I needed to know and you didn't ruin everything. Relationships have bumps in the road, no matter how big or small. With that being said, I still want to be with you."

Jamie then turned around to face Johnny, him holding her arms again as she brought her hands to his elbows.

"After all that, you still wanna be with me?" Jamie asked.

"Yes. Because I don't just like you. I love you," Johnny answered.

She felt tears form, which he gently wiped away, before a smile appeared on her face.

"I wanted to tell you I love you, but I didn't know if you reached that level," she said, looking down.

He gently placed a hand under her chin and had her look at him before caressing her cheek.

"Well now you know," he smiled.

He then leaned in and she returned the favor. Their lips touched, them wrapping their arms around each other in the process. He lifted her up, her popping her leg up in the process. They soon parted, just smiling that they cleared this up and were ready to start this relationship, wherever it took them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Yay! They made up! That was crazy, but it's about to get crazier!