Chapter 1

"Everything paused around me, I couldn't feel anything
but I needed to ask one more question,
although I knew the answer..."

I felt pain coming from my right shoulder... then it all went absolutely numb. I woke up on the floor... laying on my right side, sun lights slowly warming up my cheeks as I stood up and sat on the floor. My neck, my head, everything hurts... then I realized something and all the events from last 3 days flashed before my eyes. I stood up from the floor but felt dizzy as my head started spinning around. Well... it would happen eventually since I haven't eaten anything for last 3 days.

It all started with a phone ring...

<< Flashback>>

It was around 11PM as I sat on the couch and grabbed my sketchbook to draw something. Usually from the way the sketch turned out you could easily say how I was feeling while drawing it. This one turned out to be pretty chaotic, you could barely see a face because it all looked like a bunch of messy lines. The reason is I was nervous and feeling like my heart would pop out, escape and start running...

Apparently my parents decided to meet with their friends tonight and have a dinner together but since they fight all the time I was worried for my mom, because my dad is the only one who starts it all by the nonsense that's going on inside of his head. Since I remember myself as a kid, they never stopped fighting and I never stopped asking my mom to get divorced, even begging at some point...

My dad never hit or abused me and I've never seen him having rude behaviors against me. But I also never felt any kind of love from this man, at some point I started calling him my father because I couldn't see him as a dad. He was rich, a CEO in a company. Sometimes I even thought that my mom married him for money, because except his money there was nothing good about him. He used to hit my mom whenever he came home being drunk, he used to fight about the stupidest stuff that would sound like a nonsense for everyone else. But the worst part of the story is...

My mom still loved him...

I'm sure my dad loved her too but it was toxic. That's why they both were guilty in my eyes, so as the time passed by the realization hit me that I was the only one who needed that divorce, because I knew they would be okay with fighting each other, then forgiving again and again. Because I knew that my mom was still hoping that my dad is going to change. But he never did and I was the only one who could see that. Sometimes I wish I could put them in my shoes, show them my point of view, tell them how my love for them goes away day by day...

But more than anything else I hated my dad although my mom told me to stop. She was saying that he did nothing wrong to me and his only problem was her. But was it too hard to understand that it was the only reason that I needed to feel disgusted with his appearance. I knew I wasn't wrong.

Just think about it, who would love a person who hurts and brings harm to another person that you love?

I hated him with my whole life being although people around me thought I was wrong and whatever he did he still was my dad so I shouldn't hate him. Problem is they never saw or felt anything that I've been through. If only they could see it all with my eyes, if only they could run through my imagination of a family where its only me and my mom and if only, they felt the happiness I feel while imagining how amazing it all would be if he was dead.

Maybe then... they wouldn't blame me.

As I was running my fingers through my hair from anxiety suddenly my phone rang, making me flinch.

-Hello, am I talking to Aoki Nouri?

-Yes... It's me.

-Do you or any of your family members own a car called Nissan Murano with number plate "XXXXXXX"?

-Yes, it's my parents' car but... Who are you and where did u get that information from?

-It's the police calling you and I'm officer Wang. One taxi driver called us and said he saw a car on the bridge which's front was collapsed with a dead male body in it. We received that call at 10:13PM and went to that area for checking. We finally found another car under the bridge, which was turned upside down with a male and female in the front seat. After checking the camera recordings, it seems like the car that was on the bridge lost the direction and hit your parents' car, causing it to be pushed off the bridge.

As the police explained everything that happened, I loosened my grip on the phone, my hands started shaking... I began to shiver in the numbness of my current reality, absolutely ignoring the fact that I was still on the call with him.

-Ms. Aoki? Can you still hear me? I need your address to bring you to the place of occurrence. I will send  a police car to your house.

-Wait... what about m-my parents?

-Oh, when we found Mr. Aoki, he was in a critical condition, we sent him to the hospital. Doctors said he is in a state of coma right now.

My whole world shattered... Everything paused around me, I couldn't feel anything, but I needed to ask one more question, although I knew the answer...

-What a-about... m-m-my mom? Where is she now?

-I'm very sorry, when we found Mrs. Aoki's body in the car she was already dead.

<< End of the flashback>>

Hi guysss! Ahh I feel pretty nervous because its my first story ever and I want you all to enjoy it :)) So so so sorry for a short chapter but I promise I will make the next ones longerrrr ( ͡❛ ᴗ͡❛ )