Chapter 4

"Guess I had something new in common with Jungkook..."

Jungkook's Pov

Since mom left for work and took her own car, I had no choice but take my dad's. After his death we kept his car, because eomma didn't want to sell it. Although I used it for so many times now, it still felt awkward riding his car. I still remember him teaching me how to drive and telling me how he is going to give me his car one day. Now it's finally mine.

But I never thought the cause of it would be his death...

That's why for me its dad's car and always will be. When he died, it felt like I lost my best friend. I wasn't that close with eomma, not like we are distant or cold to each other, I love her more than anything but I was a little bit closer with my dad. When it came to sharing secrets and talking about my teen problems, I would always go to him. But his death wasn't sudden for us, so my reaction wasn't exactly like Nouri's, when she lost her parents. Before his death he got sick, coughing and having hard time with breathing, for the first time we thought it was just the flu and it would go away, but he kept coughing for 2-3 weeks. One day I saw him coughing up blood, that's when we called the doctor. We found out that he had stage 4 lung cancer, it's the last stage so there was no cure. The next things doctor said was engraved in my mind, I could never forget how hopeless I felt.

"He has only 2 months left"

For those 2 months Nouri was always with us, visiting us almost everyday because she couldn't stay cuz of her school. Loosing someone who I used to see everyday, who was the part of my life was shocking. Imagine the person you were talking to yesterday is not here today. He just disappeared forever. I always thought that death is a normal thing, eventually all of us will die at the end. But dad was the first ever person who I lost so, it felt extremely strange at first, but then as days passed by, I started feeling the sadness and emptiness he left after him. That's what Nouri felt too, the first time she received that call and found out her mom were dead, she felt shocked but didn't cry. I remember her entering our house after the accident, I came up to her to hug her as she was watching my mom cry her eyes out on the floor, she looked up to me and I couldn't really see any emotions on her face. She pulled out of the hug and went upstairs, the whole time her head was down, staring at the floor or stairs. For next 3 days we didn't hear any cries or sobs from her room, but I was checking up on her everyday and bringing food although she didn't even eat anything. 

-Gahhh Jungkook I am calling your name for 5 minutes now, what are you doing there, come help me.

I snapped out of my thoughts and went to the kitchen to see why she needs my help.

-I made some jjajangmyeon for the guys, it would be rude to go without bringing anything with us. 

"-Ahhhh noona you are the besttttt."- I kissed her on the cheek and grabbed the food containers as we left the house. 

The car ride was silent, I felt like Nouri was being nervous, she wasn't saying anything and just staring out of the window.

-Noona, gwaenchana? You seem anxious.

-Aniyo I'm good, just a bit nervous, I think I made the jjajangmyeon a bit salty.

-Aishh its okay they will love it anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went out of the car as I saw Nouri staring at the house. 

-Woahh you didn't tell me your friend had a whole mansion.

-Oh, I said we are going to Jin Hyung's house but he doesn't live alone, he lives with-