Chapter Twenty-Two

Zayn's P.O.V

"I've never tried eating actual food, not since I was changed." Niall spoke up looking over at me. He knew I was thinking the same thing.

"If we throw it away the girls will see the trash for sure." Liam frowned running a hand through his hair.

"I know Destiny wouldn't mind since she knows, but if Allison saw that it would break her for sure." Harry sighed leaning back against the counter.

"What if we just tried eating a couple bites and then put the rest in the refrigerator?" Louis shrugged crossing his arms.

"And what do we do when she gives it back to us?" I smirked raising an eyebrow.

If we threw it away she would see the garbage, if we ate some of it and put the rest in the fridge she would give it to us the next day for sure, I'm sure none of us had eaten any food since we turned.

"Lets just, have a couple bites. Little by little until we finish." I sighed looking over at them.

Who knew something as simple as having dinner would be such as issue?

"Lets just get it over with" Harry mumbled and sat in his chair looking down at his plate.

We all sat down and slowly picked up our forks. It was sad to say that this wasnt normal for us. I haven't picked up a fork, I haven't chewed anything, I haven't tasted anything other than blood, since that night. I looked around and all the boys had the same worried look while they just stared at their plates.

I sighed and shook my head dipping the fork into the food and brought it up to my mouth. If none of the other boys were going to try their food then I had to at least break the ice. I opened my mouth and practically spilled the food into my mouth. I closed my mouth letting it sink in for a while. The feel of having actual food in my mouth, the smell traveling to my nose, the taste. I got up and ran to the sink coughing it out.

"Whats wrong? Are you alright?" The boys shot up from their chairs staring at me wide eyed.

"Im fine. I'm fine. It just tastes like crap." I chuckled slightly lying my hand against my forehead.

"As in bad cooking crap, or it's not blood crap?" Louis raised an eyebrow crossing his arms.

"The second one." I mumbled standing back up straight looking over to them.

"Nothing we can't survive" I shrugged sitting back down.

"Just swallow quickly" Liam sighed and sat down with the boys following.

"Agreed." We all said and picked up our forks again.

I got some food on my fork again and brought it back up to my mouth. I closed my mouth over the form again and set it back on the plate. I clenched my eyes shut and chewed a couple times swallowing quickly. It felt strange feeling the food pass through my throat, I could actually feel it reach my stomach. We all sat there waiting for something to happen, if anything would happen. We looked around and smiled slightly at each other shrugging. Nothing happened, the taste was all you had to really deal with but it didn't kill you.

The same steps went on for what seemed like hours but eventually we all looked down at our empty plates.

"Atleast we don't have to pretend to eat anymore." Niall smiled happily and got up taking his plate to the sink.

"We are pretending to eat Ni." Harry rolled his eyes crossing his arms on the table.

"Well we're actually getting food in our mouths and stomaching it now." Liam shrugged getting up and picking up everyone's plates taking them to the sink as well.