Chapter Thirty-Two

Jake's P.O.V

My eyes widened and each muscle in my body froze, turning to stone.

Hunters. Hunters. Hunters.

The word continued to repeat and swirl around my mind.

"Are you an idiot or are you an idiot?" I asked my voice coming out more of a whisper.

"Relax brother, I know what I'm doing." he smiled slyly and brushed past me bumping his shoulder against mine.

"What's gotten into you? Do you not remember what the hunters did to our own mother or do I have to take you back to the grave where they hung her head from a goddamn tree!" I clenched my fists at my sides and let my features change yet again, my eyes glowing brighter and my fangs growing to their menacing size.

"Whats gotten into me." in a flash he was right in front of me our noses barely touching. "Is that I'm tired of being the one by the sidelines watching everything go down. If they think they can get away with fighting back against us and snapping my own brothers neck they have another thing coming, as for the hunters, I made a deal with them. I got a hold of the leader and told him what I was but, I also told him I could help him get his hands on five vampires and their soon to be immortal girls, in return for keeping us out of their hair." he smirked and back away slipping his hands into his pockets.

"I must say, I'm impressed. However I still don't agree with you going to the hunters for help after what they did." I relaxed and kept my fangs out but at a smaller size and let my eyes go back to their usual red.

"Don't consider it as help, look at it as a distraction. You and me both know that a group of hunters will go into that cabin and not all of them are coming back out, but it gives us plenty of time to grab the girls and get out. They should know better than to trust a vampire, as soon as the survivors come out and we have the girls in our hands, I'm hanging their heads from the very same tree they dared hang out mothers from." he spoke with pure venom soaking each word, daggers shooting out of his eyes.

His eyes grew so bright I found it hard to look at them, his fangs hung just under his bottom lip the sharp tips barely stabbing into the skin of his chin. For the first time in over two hundred years he looked like what he was, a monster.

"Now, I'm sold." I smiled making my way over to him. "But, I have one thing to say." I ruffled his hair up giving him a wilder look.

"And that is?" he looked up at me once I dropped my hand from his hair.

"If those five idiots walk out, which I highly believe they will, they're going to come after their girls. When they do, I want no one and I mean no one to lay a finger on Malik. He's mine." I felt my blood boil just at the sound of his last name, the fire burning up into my eyes.

"He's all yours."

Allison's P.O.V

"Hey Alli?!" I heard Destiny shout from up stairs my eyes shooting open. I lifted my head up and looked around. I was still sitting on Zayns lap with his arms around me, we must've fallen asleep when we were talking.

I looked up at his face and ran my finger tips along the outline of his jaw. He was so relaxed, a small smile curving the tips of his lips, his lashes lied against his cheeks as his chest rose and fell steadily. He looked so happy and carefree like this, god how I hoped and prayed he could just stay like in this mood while he was awake.

"Alli!" I heard my voice being called out again this time from what sounded like Jackie.

Zayn stirred under me and I quickly slipped out of his arms tossing a blanket carefully over him.