CHAPTER TWO

LATER THAT DAY, NIKI FOUND HERSELF IN OSCORP. Her father was starting his first day at the new building and Niki was supposed to head there after school from on, due to her mother being at out at work as well, and they didn't trust her just yet to leave her alone in a new state all by herself.

She walked up to the front desk, clearing her throat to catch the ladies attention. ''Hi, my father Ollie Lilac works here, and i'm supposed to go meet with him." Niki explained. It seems as the desk lady was annoyed as she checked her computer, "Nikita Lilac?" She questioned, Niki nodded.

The lady pulled out a badge with her name on it and gave it to her. "Wear this. Level 31, room B." She explained, Niki nodded, turning around and heading towards the elevator.

Once arriving on the correct floor, she stepped in looking around for the correct room. "Niki?" Hearing her name be called, she turned around confused. There stood Peter Parker, with glasses on? She hadn't known he wore glasses, he looked kinda cute with them on. Niki thought to herself.

Realizing she hadn't responded she widened her eyes, "Peter, hi!" Niki smiled awkwardly. "What- what are you doing here?" Peter questioned. "My uh.. my dad works here! I'm suppose to be meeting him in his office right now." She explained. "Cool, cool." Peter nodded.

"What are you doing here.. Rodrigo?" She asked, staring at the name tag that laid upon his neck. Peter seemed confused at first but got it eventually.

"Oh! I uh, work here? No I don't work here I was gonna say I work here until I realized that you'd figure out eventually that I i'm fact don't work here." He rambled, not making eye contact with her.

Niki laughed, "It's alright Peter, so you snuck in here? Why." She questioned, quirking an eyebrow. "I, I love science." He decided eventually. "You love science?" Niki repeated, not fully believing him. "Yup!" Peter responded, a silly smile placed on his face.

"Alright, well Rodrigo, I could use some help, getting to room b." Niki grinned, she didn't necessarily need his help, but he didn't need to know that. "Uh yeah sure!" Peter agreed, beginning to lead the way.

"So your dad a got job here? That's cool." He begun, placing his hands in his pocket. "Yeah, he used to work at some sciencey building in Washington, but his friend Doctor Conners got him a job here." Niki explained, turning her face towards him as they continued to walk.

"You're dads friends with Dr.Conners?" Peter's eyes widened. "Yeah! He's kinda like an uncle to me considering how much he was around when I was younger." She said, nodding her head.

"Wow- wow, that's cool, did uhm your ever mention a guy, named uh richard?" Peter questioned, whipping his sweaty hands on his jacket.

Niki thought about it for a moment, "Yeah, once I think my dad and Dr.Conners we're having an argument about him. I don't remember much, just that it was really heated. About some spider? I don't know." She shrugged, "Why do you ask?" Niki added.

"Uh no reason, just a simple question." Peter responded, stuttering on his words. "Alright." Niki mumbled, the rest of the walk was filled with awkward silence, neither of them knowing what to say.

Finally, after a couple minutes of awkward silence they had arrived at door B. "Thanks Peter." Niki said, her gaze on the floor. "Yeah, of course." He nodded, "See you tomorrow?" Peter asked, "Yeah, see you tomorrow." Niki smiled, before turning around and entering the room.

The following day at school, Niki was in the gymnasium, sitting on the bleachers doing her chemistry homework. suddenly a ball bounced and landed right on the paint bucket that this girl was using to paint a poster, the poster quickly becoming ruined.

"You did that on purpose Flash." The girl shouted with anger, "No, but you better watch your back!" He sassed back.

Peter, nothing what happened, quickly ran forward and helped her, asking if she was alright. Niki smiled down at the boy, her stomach becoming fluttery just at the sight of him.

Another hall flew towards the two before Peter reached out and caught it in his hand. "Give it up Parker." Flash asked. Instead, Peter walking towards him and held out the ball. "Why don't you take it from me." He said simply.

So Flash did, or attempted to. Peter flung the ball to his one hand before flinging it to his other, messing with Flash. Niki giggled softly at the sight of Flash being made fun of, he finally was getting was he deserved.

It was like Peter heard her laughing from the bleachers, because he turned towards her and grinned. Niki smiled back, shaking her head softly.

Peter, turning back around, spoke to Flash, "Alright look, take it." He said covering his hands with his eyes, and holding out the ball with his other hand.

Flash attempted to take it, but it seemed as though the ball was glued to Peter's hand. Flash began to back up, running towards him, Peter shoved him to the side befroe running and dunking the ball into the hoop, shattering the glass frame.

Everyone stood in shook, their eyes wide and jaws hung low. "Parker." The principal said sternly, waving his hand towards the boy.

Around 15 minutes later, she headed into the hallway to go to her locker when she heard, "He's got you on his computer!" Confused, Niki turned around, it was Peter's uncle Ben. "I'm his probation officer." He muttered something to Peter before walking away.

"Character. That's my uncle Ben." Peter explained, "He's- he's a pathological liar. He thought you were someone else." He added. "You don't have me on your computer? I'm hurt." Niki frowned jokingly.

"Well I took a picture of the newspaper club, and you're on the newspaper club!" He lied, Niki shook her head with a grin, "No i'm not." "Uh, oh- yeah right uhm." Peter turned around awkwardly, not knowing was to do.

"Did you get expelled?" Niki asked a small smile on her face, "No, no I didn't get expelled, I got community service." He explained a smile on his face as well.

Niki nodded before turning to walk away, not wanting the conversation to be over but not knowing how to continue.

"So do you want to uh, i don't know." Peter stuttered. "Want to what?" She asked, grasping her textbooks in her arms. "I don't know we could or we could do something else! Or we could yeah know," He continued to struggle.

"Yeah." Niki smiled, understanding what he was talking about. "Yeah?" He repeated, "Yeah, either one." She said. "Really? Okay cool, cool." They stood there just staring at one another for a few more seconds, "I can't right now, i'm kinda busy." Peter explained.

"Yeah me too! Really busy." Niki spoke, stepping back a few steps. "But uh maybe some," Peter began, "Some other time." She finished, "Yeah great okay, bye." He waved. "Bye Pete." Niki waved back, before walking off towards her next class, a huge grin displayed on her face.

AUTHORS NOTE !!
yasss chapter twoooo
me bc i don't have school
today, friday or monday bc
i finished all my midterms already: 😍😍