CHAPTER THREE

THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL, Niki was searching the halls. Peter's uncle, Uncle Ben, had been shot while trying to help this guy who's store had been robbed, Peter was right there when he died.

Finally. she spotted him, walking towards his locker, his head hung low, Flash Thompson was walking up to him, Niki already knew what was about to happen wasn't going to be good.

"Parker!" Flash said, "I'm not in the mood today Flash." Peter grumbled. "Parker, I just wanted to-" Peter didn't let him finish before he grabbed flash by the shoulders and shoved him into the lockers.

"I said I wasn't in the mood!" Peter shouted, "Look your uncle died, and i'm sorry about that." Flash said. Realizing Flash wasn't messing at him, he put him down before walking away slowly.

Niki ran up to him and touched his shoulder, he turned around roughly but his hardened gaze soften when he realized who it was.

She didn't even say anything as she wrapped her arms around him, he immediately repeated the action, burying his head in the crook of her neck.

"I'm sorry." Was all she said as the two hugged in the middle of the hallway, ignoring the looks of their classmates.

Later that week, Niki was at school again, and searching the halls once more. For the same guy this time, after getting approval from Gwen, she decided to ask Peter to come to dinner with her family.

Finding him, she ran up to him, "Hi." He seemed much better then earlier that week, a small smile placed on his face, "Hi!" He nodded, "Uh, where, where you headed?" Niki asked. "Monday! B track." Peter nodded.

Niki furrowed her eyebrows, "Pete it's Thursday." She explained. "It's Thursday?" He repeated, confused. "Yeah," they laughed, "hey, what happened to your eye?" She questioned, noticing the bruise. "It seems bruised." Niki added.

"Oh no, it's just a rash." Peter debunked, "It seems pretty bad, have you seen the nurse?" She knew he was lying, but it had to be for a good reason, so Niki let it go. "No, no it's fine." Peter shook his head with a comforting smile.

"Do you like stuffed peppers?" Niki asked, crossing her fingers behind her back.

He seemed confused, "Like you know meat stuffed peppers?" She added, "Oh yeah I know, uh yes I do." Peter responded. "Oh, so if you would like, come to this address." Niki explained grabbing a pen out of the side of her bag and writing her address on his hand.

"At 8:00pm! My moms making stuffed peppers." She grinned, as did Peter. "Awesome." He nodded, she began to walk backwards, "I'm not sure why I wrote my address down, I live right across from you." Niki mentally smacked her forehead, "No no it's alright, i'll be there." Peter said, nodding his head once more.

"Cool cool, uh don't be late!" She said, "I won't!" He explained, Niki turned around walking to class and finding Gwen. "He said yes!" Niki grinned and Gwen pumped the air, the two girls laughing at one another.

Later that night, Niki sat in her room, finishing her literature essay before she heard a knock on her window. turning around she saw Peter stood there.

Niki's eyes widened and she walked forward opening the window to let the boy in. "Can you not come through the front door like a normal person?" She laughed. "Nope, your lawn scares me." He said with a stupid grin on his face.

"My lawn? Scares you?" Niki spoke confused, a grin on her face as well. "Yup. Clean cut grass is just, ugh" Peter shimmed his body in an ick sort of way.

"Pete this is the second story." Niki spoke, confused. "Indeed it is!" Peter agreed. He stepped into the room, looking around, "This, is your room." He nodded, "Yeah." She smiled.