CHAPTER FIVE

THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL NIKI stood at her locker, putting her books away, when she heard loud screams. Turning towards the yells she saw all of the students running towards her, or towards the front doors.

Her eyes widened, realizing what it was. The lizard. Peter came in view of her, "Get out of here." He pointed to her, beginning to run in the opposite direction that the crowd was going, no doubt to go fight the lizard.

"Pete-" She started, "Go. Now." Peter demanded. Niki sighed, knowing she won't be able to convince him and started to head towards the door, eyeing Peter one last time.

Around 5 minutes later, Niki was still in the school, looking for Peter and the lizard, holding a random trophy she found on the floor next to the shattered glass case.

Yes Peter told to leave, but she couldn't just leave him like that, no way in hell she would do that.

Finally finding the two, she saw Peter in his suit, being held by the lizard, she grabbed the trophy and smacked the lizard with it, not really doing much.

"Niki." He growled, swinging an arm back but not being able to do anything as Peter begun swinging around wrapping him in web. Once he did that he took the trophy, threw it through a window and grabbed Niki.

"I'm gonna throw you through this window now okay?" Peter said. "Wha-" She didn't get to finish as promised, he threw her out the window, quickly webbing her, making her swing down.

She landed with a yell, pissed. She swung back and forth before the police arrived and cut her loose. Niki ran to the front, quickly finding Gwen. Gwen wrapped her arms around Niki, and Niki did the same.

They stood like that for a little while longer until Niki said she needed to call Peter. She rung him a couple times before he picked up on the fifth ring. "Hey" He said, "Where the hell are you?" Niki growled.

"I'm okay, i'm fine, i'm tracking him down in the sewers." He told her, "You're in the sewers?" She gasped. "Yes, look we need an antidote, did Gwen ever teach you had to run a serum?" Peter asked, "Yeah she did." Niki nodded.

A couple weeks ago, Niki had started the internship program alongside her blonde friend. Gwen, taught her everything she knew, including: how to run a serum.

"Great great great." He muttered, "Listen honey, I need you to fo Oscorp. You need to access the to cross species file, It's a blue serum, file 12389." Peter explained.

"Okay got it, i'm on my way." She nodded, hanging up and running out off the parking lot.

Once she arrived to Oscorp she snuck into the lab, using her fathers badge that he had given her to get in to his office just in case he wasn't there when she arrived after school.

Niki grabbed the serum Peter has explained to her about, and started creating the serum, placing it into the machine.

While waiting, she set off the evacuation alarm to get everyone in the building to leave. Suddenly, her phone began to ring, Peter was calling her.

"Hi!" She gasped, "Hey, where- where are you?" Peter rushed out. "At Oscorp, running the serum like you told me to." Niki responded. "You have to get out of there right now." He said, sternly.

"The antidote is cooking." She responded. "No no no, look Conners is on his way, right now. He needs the dispersive device, he's going to infect the whole city!" Peter spoke, waving his arms around.

"There's eight minutes left." Niki shook her head staring at the machine with the timer. "You're going to stay there after what I just told you? People are going to die. You need to get out of there- look that's a demand!" Peter exclaimed, he was definitely frustrated.