CHAPTER TWO

NIKI WAS RUSHING. Her alarm didn't go off that morning and due to Niki's parents wanting to be prepard for the outside world, neither of her them woke her up.

So instead, Niki was running into the Oscorp building five minutes late. She still worked there with Gwen, both of them working side by side in their research.

"Hold the door! Please!" She shouted to whoever was in the elevator, thankfully they did. Niki stepped in letting out a breath of air.

"Thank you so much! Normally people aren't that kind." She smiled at the stranger. "Normally people don't pay attention." He simply spoke.

She nodded, unsure of what to respond. "What floor please." The monitor of the elevator asked. "Six-" Niki begun, "I got it, which floor?" The stranger asked. "63, thank you." She told him.

"Sixty-Three please." He spoke clearly. "I'm Max." He introduced himself, "I'm Niki." She shook his hand. "Is it your birthday?" She questioned, noticing what he was holding.

"Oh uh yeah my friends they made this flier up for the party. Big club, lot of celebrities. I would love to invite you but the uh guest list is closed." Max explained. "Oh got it, well thank you anyway." Niki nodded, rocking back and forth on her toes.

"Must be cool huh." Max spoke once more, she was confused at first until she realized what he was taking about. News on Spiderman was playing on the small tv. "To have the world look at you like that." He seemed mesmerized.

"You know spiderman saved my life one time. Out of all the people in the whole city, he saved me. He said he needed me." Max explained. "That's lovely." Niki muttered.

The door opened at level 63, "It was nice to meet you Max." She spoke walking out, "Wait, you remembered my name?" Was all she heard as she sped into the office, praying her boss didn't fire her for being late.

Niki didn't know what she was doing, Here she was in the middle of New York, waiting for her ex-boyfriend. For some reason, she thought it would be a good idea to call him, to 'catch up.' She honestly just missed him to be completely honest.

She figeted with her fingers looking around for him, she of course had gotten there first. Suddenly Niki spotted him, in the middle of the street.

He was already looking at her, as he walked across the street not even looking when cars would honk at him to move, be didn't seem to care.

"Hey." Peter greeted first, "Hi." Niki smiled. "You look amazing." He complimented, Niki blushed, looking down at her shoes. "I'm sorry for the out of the blue call, it's just-" "No no it's alright, I don't mind." Peter nodded.

"I just thought it was time, you know, time we try to be friends." She explained. "Friends. Yeah that's great." Peter mumbled. "I just don't want it to be complicated." Niki added. "I was just saying that to someone, I hate complicated." Peter told her. "Keep it simple." Niki said.

"Okay, great yeah yeah yeah, that's great." He spoke beginning to walk forward. "But I mean if we're gonna be friends we have to set some ground rules." Peter explained. "Ground rules?" Niki laughed.

"Yeah like that!" Peter pointed out, "Like what?" Niki asked confused. "That laugh- that laugh is off the table." He told her. "My laugh? Is off the table?" Niki repeated.

"You gotta figure out a more annyoying laugh." He shrugged. Niki tried her hardest to make a weird sounding laugh, Peter smirked at her, his eyebrows raised. "No that's still adorable."

Niki rolled her eyes playfully, her real laugh making an appearance. "That was not adorable." She denied. "Okay I have a ground rule." Niki said, "Okay what's that?" He asked a smile on his face.

"Don't tell me that I look amazing. With your big brown doe eyes." She said simply. "Okay? I'm really serious about that one." She smiled, reaching up and tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Oh no." He said. "What?" Niki raised her eyebrows. "I just figured out the next ground rule." Peter told her, "What is it." She smirked. "No more of this." He pretended to tuck of hair behind his ear, Niki immediately following his actions.

"-Hey." Peter reprimanded with a jokingly tone. "What am I suppose to do! My hairs long and it gets in my face." She frowned. "This is killing me, you're just spitting in the face of my ground rules." Abs shook his head walking away, "Come on." She laughed, playfully rolling her eyes.

"First we get ice cream, then i'm out." Peter explained walking back towards her. She nodded her head a grin displayed on both of their faces.

A little while later, the two had their ice creaming and we're just walking along, talking. "Uh yeah so I did that, and oh my gosh Gwen got me addicted to this really good sushi place. They make the best kalamari." She threw her head back for dramatics.

"Oh woah." He nodded, "Have you been there?" Niki asked him, "No that place sounds sick, you love it there." Peter responded. Niki furrowed her eyebrows, "How did you know that?" She asked him.

He hummed, "How did you know I love it there?" Niki repeated the question. "Cause uhm, cause you told me." Peter lied. "It just opened last month." And we haven't talked in two, is what Niki wanted to add: but she didn't.

"Have you been following me?" She asked him. Peter didn't respond, hiding slightly behind a tree. A small grin broke out onto her face, "I knew it, how often?"

"Just once a day: sometimes. Sometimes maybe more." He explained. "Oh boy, why?" She questioned, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "To make sure i'm safe?" She added, "Yeah." Peter nodded. "Why." Niki asked.

"Because it's the closer I can get to still being with you." Was his response. She looked down, Peter leaned in and pressed his forehead against hers. Niki took a deep breath it, "I'm moving to France."

"Really?" He asked. "Yeah, I got in to this really amazing university, they're ranked number 1 in psychology." Niki answered, rocking back and forth on her toes. "My dream classes are there and you know i wanted to tell you before I left." She added.

"Wow." Was all he could say. " And i'm really excited." Her tears welled up in her eyes. "That's uh- France." Peter nodded his head.

Suddenly he looked up and behind him, confused she asked him what was going on, but he didn't respond. Niki stepped forward and looked the same way he did, but when she looked back Peter's shoes and clothes were next to her instead. Niki took rubbed her forehead, "Great." She mumbled.

AUTHORS NOTE !!
sorry for splitting it up into
two, i didn't want this chapter to
be extremely long, so i decided
to split the fight scene into two.