Chapter 22: Field Trip: part 1

Beatrice pov:

Extra clothes packed. Hair ties packed. Well, that's about it. That's all I need for the field trip, that nobody wants to go on. Oh wait! Bug spray! Thank God I thought of that, people are gonna love me. And now that I think about it, I should probably bring some gum too. You sneak a piece of that stuff out and BAM! Everyone is suddenly your bestfriend.

"Beatrice! Tobias is here!" My mom shouts. Today is Thursday, the day of our field trip. "Okay I'm coming!"

I run down the stairs and see Tobias sitting on a stool at the island and my mother cooking at the stove. "Good morning Trissy." He says with a smirk. He knows how much I hate that nick name. "You too Toby." I smirk back and he frowns. My mother laughs turning around, removing her apron.

I sit down next to him and give him a peck on the cheek. Oh Ya. I just did that. He smiles at me and my mom puts a plate in front of eggs and bacon in front of both Tobias and I. "You two are so cute." She says.
"We are just friends!" I proclaim.
"Well she is I'm not." Tobias says nonchalantly, then stuffs a huge bite of eggs in his mouth. Man, if only that were true.

"Quit it with the The fault in our stars quotes." I say taking a sip of the milk in front of me.
"Sorry, it was just the perfect moment." He laughs, and I eventually join in, as my mother just shakes her head at us.

"Ya right." I hear my mother mumble, but I decide not to say anything.

We finish up our food and put the dirty dishes in the sink. "Thanks for Breakfast Mrs.P." Tobias says graciously. She nods and says "Take care of my daughter."
He then dramatically clutches his chest, right above his heart and says "With my life." I smile at him as my mother hugs me.

"Bye mom, love you!" I say. Before we let go of each other, I feel her slip something into the back pocket of my jeans. "The EpiPen." She whispers so Tobias won't hear. It's not a big deal, but I would have been embarrassed if Four found out.
I take in a breath, and slightly nod, before walking out the door with Tobias in tow.

VvV

"Okay! If you are in Mrs. Johnson's or my own History class, get onto bus 49. As for the other two classes, get on to bus 50." My history teacher; Ms. Riley says.

Tobias and I walk side by side as we pile onto the bus, and of course, since Tobias is popular, he has to sit at the very back of the bus. "Do you want to sit on the inside or outside?" He asks me gesturing towards the seat. Aww what a gentlemen. "I'll sit on the inside." I say with a smile and scoot to the inside seat, plopping my bag on the floor.

He sits down next to me and I shiver when I feel our thighs touching, due to the cramped, enclosed space. His breathing starts increase and he looks over at me. "Time to learn something new about me. You've learned about my fear of Heights, losing the ones I love, and now is probably a good time to tell you, I'm really claustrophobic." He says and I giggle at the way he babbles. "Here." I laugh grabbing his arm and put it around my shoulders. Then I move my own arm and wrap it around his waist. "Just focus on me, not your fear." I say calmly.

He meets my eyes, and for a split-second, it's just the two of us.

"Guys! Hurry get back here! Fourtris is happening!" Uriah screams as he approaches the back four seats of the bus. "No it isn't Uriah." Tobias says, seeming to be more calmed down now.
"Ugh. False alarm." Uriah calls back as Marlene, Lynn, Zeke, and Shauna make there way back to us. Zeke and Shauna quickly claim the last two seats across from us, banishing Uriah and Marlene to the seat in front of Zeke and Shauna. Then that leaves Lynn standing in the middle of the aisle letting out a frustrated huff of air, staring at the completely full bus.