Chapter 30: Merry Christmas

Beatrice pov:

" FREAKING FUZZY SOCKS! Thanks Boo!" Uriah exclaims throwing his arms around Lynn. "No problem, but if you don't get off of me, I'm going to have to kill you." She says, annoyance seeping through her voice. "Okay it's Beatrice' and Four's turn to exchange their gifts." Tobias scratches his neck and bites his lip. "Actually, I'd prefer to give Tris her gift in private." He mutters somewhat embarrassed. "What no!! I want to see this! This has to be good!" Christina whines. "Shh Christina, let them have their moment." Marlene voices, waving her off. With that, Tobias and I grab each other's presents and head into another room.

I take in a deep breath as Tobias closes the door to the Pedrad's guest bedroom door. I tuck my hair behind my ear as Tobias sits next to me on the bed, and give him a shy smile. I gaze into the flame in the fireplace, which displays diverse shades of orange. "This has been one fantastic Christmas. I've never gotten to celebrate one since my mother passed away. I'm glad I get to spend it with all of my best friends... with you." He stutters. I look over at him and we hold eye contact for a moment, before he shys away, looking at the present resting in his lap. "Oh," he says as if he's already forgotten the reason we've separated ourselves from the others. "Sorry to pull you aside from everyone else, I just wanted to give it to you in private because I feel like it's a little more personal."

"You don't need to apologize, I didn't really want to give you your present in front of everyone else either" I respond.

With that he hands me a small box he has been nervously fumbling with. I take it from his hand and carefully tug on the little ribbon tied into a cute little bow. I take the lid off, and I let out a small gasp. "Oh Tobias," I stand up from the bed and walk over and sit next to the warm fire. "It's gorgeous. You really went above and beyond."

He stands from his position on the bed, and takes a seat next to me on the ground. He gently places his hand on my back, and lightly lays his head on top of mine and looks at the little item in the box.

There laid a white pendant necklace from Kendra Scott. "Look on the back." He murmurs. I flip the necklace around and see on the back, in tiny letters "For the one who makes me the happiest man alive. -Your Tobias".

A huge grin breaks out upon my face and I wrap my small arms around his buff, masculine body. "Thank you so much Tobias, you have no idea how much this means to me!" He doesn't respond, but simply nuzzles his head further into my hair.

"Here's your gift." I say handing him the lumpy, horribly wrapped present. I can hear him quietly giggle at sight. "It's what's on the inside that counts." He says and I laugh slapping him on the chest.

He slowly tears open the paper, as if trying to take in the moment. There lye 10 envelopes labeled with everything from "Open on the best day of your life", to "Open on the worst day ever."

"Tris..." he says at a loss for words. "I.. I don't know what to say. Nobody has ever done anything like this for me before. I have no way of explaining to you how much this means to me. Thank you so so so much," he says struggling to tear his eyes away from all of the letters. He envelopes me in a huge hug and doesn't let go for a good 30 seconds.

"There's one that says "Open when you receive this," so you can open that one now if you'd like." I tell him. With that, he locates the letter, and opens it up reading what's written inside.

Dear Tobias,

I have no words. No way of explaining the appreciation I have for you. Your smile is contagious, your encouraging words build me more than you will ever know, and simply your presence in my life, has changed me forever. Thank you for confiding on me, treating me like royalty when I act like a fool, thank you for having patience with me, thank you forgiving me when I dint deserve it, and thank you for always putting a big smile on my face every time I am with you. You are absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you so much, and am forever grateful for you.

Love, Beatrice Prior.

In the envelope, is a Polaroid photo of one of the first times we hung out personally.

"There's a Polaroid of us in every letter that you've never seen before, but you have to promise not to open the letters just to get the Polaroids. You have to wait until your situations actually match up with the letter, then you get to see the picture." I inform him.

"Okay I promise. I completely forgot we took this! But Tris, all those things you said in the letter, means so much to me. Thank you so much, you're the sweetest, most thoughtful person I've ever met." He stands to his feet and grabs my hands pulling me up with him.

As we stand in front of the toasty inferno, wrapped in each other's arms, happy as ever, I know that nothing could ruin this moment.

Suddenly the door swings open and I see Uriah point up above where are standing and shout, "Tris and Four are under the mistletoe!"

Never mind.

HEY INITIATES.... WOAHHHH THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE UPLOADED ANOTHER CHAPTER OF THIS STORY SINCE DEC. 2015, SO I THINK THIS IS A PERFECT OCCASION TO USE ALL CAPS!

Lol, sorry if I wrote anything that is ooc or shouldn't have been done/ said yet, I've forgotten a lot of the specific things I've been saving for a good moment, I'll have to go back and reread my story to refresh my memory. Was my writing okay though? Sorry I'm a bit rough right now. *Also this is all unedited... sorry I was too excited so I had to post immediately

QOTD: oh my gosh how did you guys react when you found out about how Ascendant (allegiant part 2) is being made into a TV movie and possible spin off show? And the fact that Shailene probs won't be involved... guys I know this sounds terrible, but I really wanted to see her die and how Tobias handles it in the movies :((

REMEMBER TO FREAKING BE EATON THAT CAKE!!