Chapter 5: Mr.Impatient

Four pov:

After Tris walks out of the cafeteria, Christina turns towards me and gives me a look with raised eyebrows. "What?" I snap. "Her? Her of all people you could be crushing on? And before you fire back at me, I'm not saying that because she's a nerd, she's just so stubborn and hard to talk to. She doesn't even want to be friends with any of us." Christina exclaims.

"She is not my crush! I've known her for 3 freaking days! And you don't even know her." I say angrily.

"And you do?" She snaps back.
"Better than you. And unlike you, I'm willing to get to know her better and get her to open up. You are just trying to scare her away! Like what did you do, tell her I liked her and accused her of liking me?" I say sarcastically.

She bites her lip and shifts her eyes away from mine. "Oh God, Christina no you didn't." I say feeling a heavy weight fall on my chest. "It was the perfect moment and she totally like yo-"

"Christina what's wrong with you? You don't just walk up to someone you don't know and accuse them of liking you. And I was so close to getting her to be my friend. You're being retarded Christina!"
I stand up and jog out the doors to the only place I would know Tris would be.

Beatrice pov:

This is exactly why I don't want friends.
They just embarrass you and ruin your life. And this is why I love running. Everything just makes more since.
"Tris!" Four calls as he walks up to the track. 'It's Beatrice' I think to myself, but don't bother to say anything.
"I just wanted to apologize about what Christina sai-" I stop him.

"Don't bother. I don't care." I say vaguely.

" O-okay. Well uh, I don't know where you live, so I need your address." He says. "Uh, okay. It's 1046 Abnegation street." He nods taking a moment to memorize it. "Okay wel-" The bell rings cutting him off. I walk past him and say "See Ya tonight Four."

VvV

I hear a knock on my door at 6:59. I get up from my couch and slowly walk to the door. When I get there I look through the peep hole and look at Four. He is is tapping his foot with his arms crossed waiting on me. He rings the doorbell 3 more times and bangs on the door. "Tris, let me in!" He shouts.
I open the door and he sighs "Finally! What took you so long to answer the door?" He walks through my door looking around my house.

"Gosh you're impatient. You were only standing outside for a minuet and I told you to get here at 7:00 you were a minuet early so I took my time walking to the door."

"I'm not impatient! I waited a whole ten minuets in line once to get on splash mountain at Disney World."

"Ten minuets? I've never been to Disney, but I know there lines are crazy long. How would you get to the front in ten minuets?" I ask.

"I had a flash pass." He says.
"Flash passes are for the impatient." I say quickly and speed out my back door. A couple of seconds later he follows me out.

"Well let's go ahead and make our fire." I say gathering wood. He reaches his hands out towards my face about to take off my new glasses. "Don't even think about!" I snap. "Plus the sun isn't even out you idiot." I smack his hand away from my face.

I grab to sticks and start rubbing them together after about five minuets of trying to get a fire going, Four groans and says "Tris, this is taking forever!"
"Impatient" I say in a sing song voice.
"No I'm not, and why can't we just use a lighter?" He asks. "Yes you are, and because that would be cheating. We are supposed to be roughing it!" I reply.
"It's not like anyone would know." He argues. "I would know and I can't live with a guilty conscience."
"Goody goody."

After 30 minuets of rubbing the sticks
and Four complaining, I finally get a fire going.

"Okay, let's cook the fish." I say. He takes the bag of fish out and we stab them with a long stick, then Four holds them over the fire.

We sit on opposite sides of the fire as we just stare at the flame.
"Four, can I ask you something?" I say quietly.
"Sure." He says looking up at me. For a moment we lock eyes. "Is Christina mental." A smile creeps onto my face and he laughs. "God Tris! Don't do that. That's one of the the scariest most intimidating things anyone can ask you! And to answer your question, no she isn't mental, but she does have OSD."

"That's why I did it to you, and what's OSD?" I ask confused.

"Obsessive shoe disorder." We both laugh for a few minuets. "Okay, I think the fish are done." He says taking them away from the fire. We lay them out on a plate and send a picture of them to our teacher.

He looks at the time on his phone and curses under his breath. I look at the time and see that it's 8:30. "I've gotta go Tris I'll see you at school tomorrow." Without another word he jogs out my front door. I let out a breath and mumble "It's Beatrice."

Hey initiates! I know it's a short chapter, but I hope it made you laugh at least a little. Oh my gosh so the behind the scenes look of Tris cutting her hair comes out today!!! I'm gonna be honest, I kind of like her hair cut short. But before you attack me, you should know I HATED it at first, but it has kind of grown on me. Idk, am I the only one who doesn't mind it? I just think that she looks like Tris, where as in the last movie I think she looked more like Beatrice.

QOTD: Divergent or Hunger games?

My answer: Move aside pansycakes, DIVERGENT ALL THE WAY!!!! It will always be the best, sorry Katniss.

Remember to be eaton that cake!