Chapter 9: Party Rockin

Beatrice pov:

I'm going to kill him. I'm going to kill Tobias. He's lucky he got a head start, because he is going to pay. No wonder he was nervous when he asked me to go to the mall. The dress and shoes I bought are for the party. Revenge. Revenge. Revenge. That is the only word I can think of.

"Um Tris, are you okay? You practically have steam coming out of your ears and your face is red." Christina says cautiously. "I'm going to kill him. There is no way on this planet I am going to a party." I growl quietly. "Yes you are, whether you like it or not. Now, come on. Like I said before we still have one more thing to do while we are here." Christina grabs me by the arm and Shauna and Marlene follow.

"Okay we are here." She says in a sing song voice. I look at where we are and gasp. "No. No. No way, there is no way I'm going in there." I say trying to turn around and walk away, but the girls grab me and drag me in. Literally.

"Tris your hair needs to be cut. It's always up in a ponytail and it's too long! You don't have to cut it short, but at least to your belly button." She says. There is no getting out of this no matter how hard I try. So since there is no point, I decide not to argue.

They seat me in front of mirror placing a cape around me so that nothing will get onto my clothes. I suddenly feel very nervous when Christina whispers something to the woman doing my hair.

The woman washes my hair and does different things to my hair that I have never had done before. I wince as she cuts my hair and I am grateful that I am not facing the mirror, because if I was I might faint. She finishes cutting my hair and dries it, then finished by flat ironing it. The girls gasp at the finished product and I quickly turn the chair around to look in the mirror. I soon find myself gasping along with them. I have highlights. I have freaking brown highlights. I'm happy she didn't tell me, because then I wouldn't let them put them in. My hair is down and it is to my belly button instead of my butt like Christina said.

"I can't lie, I love it. Thank you Christina." Then I do the last thing I would have ever done a week ago; I stand up and hug her. Her arms hang loosely at her sides at first in what I'm guessing is shock, but then she wraps her arms around me accepting the warm embrace. She pays for the haircut and Shauna and Marlene get in their cars and start driving towards Christina's house to get ready. I drive there with Christina.

"So, Tris what happened with You and Four earlier?" She asks looking at the road and slightly nudges me with her elbow that is on the wheel. I mentally roll my eyes and and look over at her seriously. "Well not that much happened, we were just talking about some stuff, we made out, then we-" I say nonchalantly then get cut off by a squealing Christina. "You guys made out?!" She screams glancing back and forth between me and the road. "Yep." I say. "Really?" She asks. "Nope." I say popping the p. "Tris I'm gonna murder you! You should never joke about Fourtris! Ugh you got me all excited, Four hasn't ever had a girlfriend and we are counting on you to be his first!" She whines. "Psh, Ya right, don't get your hopes up, because that's not happening." I say shaking my head.

We are parked in front of her house and she stares at me like I'm stupid.
"You are blind Tris. Can you not see he likes you? How can you be so oblivious to the fact that you like him?" She says raising her voice at the end. I can't help it; I snap. "Christina I don't like him. I haven't liked him, and I will never like him. Just stop! There isn't anything going on between us. He doesn't like me, we are just friends! You guys can keep calling us Fourtris or whatever crap you want, but we.arent.together. End of discussion." She sighs and we walk into her house.
The girls are already inside. Does Christina just keep everything unlocked?

"Okay so the party is in an hour and a half at Zeke and Uriah's. We are the populars so we need to look our best and be there fashionably late. Let's get ready ladies!" Christina says. Man this seems way too complicated, I mean just because I hang out with populars doesn't mean I am one, right?