CHAPTER 7: GOTTA GET YOUR LOVING, BABY

shit boutta get real yalllll
ALSO IMPORTANT; i republished the last chapter, so the ending of it is a bit different. please go back and read it if you can before reading this chapter!
TW: HEAVY SMUT AT END OF CHAPTER
-----------------------------------------

After the second blowout with Sam that day and a quick cigarette, I made my way back into the crowded building. I rushed backstage, searching for my friend group.

"Bella!" Josh and Jake called from behind me.

"Hey, guys. Break a leg, okay? You're going to do great," I grinned.

"Thank you, Bel. I'm super pumped for you to see the set," Jake said, hugging me briefly. "Okay, I gotta go, but you three ladies are cool to watch from here if you'd like, or you can hop into the pit. Up to you," Josh explained as Lilli and Mac approached me. The three of us agreed that we'd stay backstage as it was a better view to watch them play and grabbed our drinks, anticipation killing us as the show began.

The audience screamed as Josh walked on stage and he gave a quirky little wave, followed by Jake, Sam, and Danny, who all received equal love from the crowd. They started the set with their most popular, Safari song, Highway Tune, and When The Curtain Falls, which were all truly incredible. the entire time my eyes fixated on Sam. The way his body moved with his bass, his skin glowing in the stage light, all of him. He was beautiful.

"Guys. we're down bad," I laughed as I looked at my two friends, also staring in awe of their lovers. They both cackled, and Mac raised her glass.

"Here's to being groupies!" She laughed. Lilli and I said our cheers and we all refocused back to the stage where the guys were switching amps and such. Without saying a word to the concertgoers, Jake struck a chord and the lights dimmed. Slowly, the lights rose on Sam, sitting at his piano playing a gentle tune that I immediately recognized.

"Hi, everybody," Josh said through screams of love, standing center stage. "Tonight, we're incredibly privileged to have three of our best friends here to watch us. To start the show, we want to honor them," He said, winking at us from his spot on the stage. We all looked at each other, equally confused.

"Get your flashlights out, because we're going to slow it down a bit," Danny said, holding a guitar. I could see MacKenzie smile out of the corner of my eye.

"Mac," he said.

"Lilli," Jake said.

"Bella," Sam said, much to my surprise.

"This one is for you. We love you guys, thank you for sticking around," Josh said, smiling at us.

"We love you!" The three of us yelled. Sam began playing the tune again, the gentle rise and fall of "Going To California" by Led Zepplin. It was my favorite song in high school and still prevails to be.

As Josh sang, Sam kept his gaze on me. His prior anger had settled, and I felt nothing but love from the beautiful pianist staring at me from across the stage.

"Someone told me there's a girl out there with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair," Josh sang. I smiled softly, looking at Sam as all of the memories flooded back. I remembered the first time he had played this for me I cried. No one had ever done anything that sentimental for me before, and here I found myself, five years later, crying at his melody once more.

The song rang out with Jake and Danny's guitar duo, and the second it ended, the audience was in hysterics. Cheers and hollers filled the arena as the guys waved us over, inviting us on stage.

"Wait, do they want us to go out there?" Lilli asked. Before I could answer, Jake and Danny were running over and pulling the three of us out onto the stage. The audience continued to cheer despite our lack of relativity, but I ignored them, immediately walking to Sam.