Chapter 8

"Now that we're all here, give me a reason that I should not report you to the real aurors," Dumbledore had his eyes focused on the group of invaders. The group was escorted to Dumbledore's office, which was surprisingly in an unsuspecting corridor. Of course his office was in an unsuspecting corridor! He hasn't been appointed headmaster at this time! Harry gave himself a knock on the head.

Dumbledore's office was unlike his current office in 1990s.Books were littered everywhere. You could find trinkets everywhere within a 2 meter distance. And of course, the room was smaller.

"Excuse the mess," Dumbledore coughed when he caught Hermione staring blankly at the pile of books.

"I-Professor Dumbledore, we're time travellers from the 1990s, we used a time travel device-"Harry explained, holding both hands out, trying to convince him," -we were supposed to only travel back 5 days to stop my friend's godfather from dying. Never did I expect we would be travelling five decades back in time!We need to get back! "

" Oh? How do I know you're not spitting lies? "Dumbledore raised an eyebrow," I seems that you likely know me the best, tell me one thing I did in the 1990s,"Dumbledore continued.

A shiver ran down Harry's spine. Though he confidently answered," You were the headmaster, sir. When we met at the mirror of the Erised, you told me you saw yourself holding a pair of thick woolen socks but you were likely lying, also-"

Dumbledore stroked his auburn beard,"It seems like something I would do," Dumbledore pondered.

"I may be able to send you home, " Dumbledore asked,siting back in his office chair, "Though for the time being I ask of all of you to stay in hogwarts. Right now, Grindelwald is terrorising Europe. And you would all want to return home safe and sound, wouldn't you," Dumbledore suggested, with a twinkle in his eye.

"But, Professor. I need to get home no-" Harry protested, " We're very delighted with this arrangement, but where shall we sleep? Its currently midnight," Hermione continued.

"You may sleep in the guest quarters until you get sorted into your houses," Dumbledore advised.

"There were GUEST QUARTERS?!" Ron gasped.

"Not a good time, Ron," Ginny rolled her eyes,"Why are we getting sorted yet again?" She questioned.

"It would be strange for new students to not get sorted, would it?" Dumbledore said, " Either way, Im sure you'll all go to your respective houses," He gave Luna a look.

"I hope the Nargles would be nicer here," Luna chucked.

"Now, it's time to head to the guest quarters, I'll get one of the house elfs to direct you. I'll have to tell the headmaster about the new students."

***

"Why exactly are we staying in the 1940s?!" Harry exclaimed, as they walked towards the guest quarters.

"In this timeline, we can convince Tom Riddle to change sides!" Hermione replied, speed walking across the corridor.

"The guest quarters are this way, miss!" The house elf, Ellie squeaked. " Thank you Ellie,I appreciate you directing us," Hermione thanked.

" What are you thinking, mione'! How would we change you-know-who to be good?! Pigs would be flying by the time he changed," Ron mocked,making a face.

"Im certain we can do it, with the help everyone of course," Hermione reassured, not looking back while walking.

"Whatever you say Hermione," Ron shrugged.

In a couple of minutes, they had reached the guest quarters. There was one gigantic door on the right and one on the left too.

"The girls will sleep in the rooms on the right. The boys will sleep in the rooms on the left." Ellie squeaked. "I'll be going now! Bye bye!"

"Goodnight everyone!" Ginny waved goodbye. She walked towards the door on the right with Luna.

"Goodnight!" Hermione proceeded to the girls room.

"Let's get moving, shall we?" Either Fred or George said.

And they all went to sleep, not knowing what was ahead of them that day.

Note:Im kinda on time today! :)