Chapter 10

"But Im not supposed to be in Slytherin, Im supposed to be in Griffindor!" Harry protested.

"Move along now Harry. There are others who have to be sorted as well," Dumbledore said, calmly.

Harry looked down at his feet as he walked towards the Slytherin table. With a grim look on his face, he realised that the only seat available was next to bloody Tom Riddle.

The brunette reluctantly sat down next to him. He averted his eyes from Riddle. And looked at the other Slytherins. All of them were directly staring at them. Though just then, Riddle had to start a conversation.

"Hello, there," Tom Riddle's voice was deep and soothing, "Harry, was it? Welcome to Slytherin. I'm Tom Riddle, one of the prefects here in Slytherin. Don't worry, I'll make sure you'll get accustomed to the classes and so on," He stared directly into Harry's viridian green eyes.

"Uh, thanks?" Harry's voice sounded cold and distant.

They all sat in silence for a moment, until the silence was disturbed.

"Are you a pure-blood or half-blood?Actually,are you even a half-blood?" Avery snorted,looking Harry up and down.

But before Harry could say anything, a girl with sea blue eyes and platinum blond hair sighed,"Don't be impolite Avery! It's not good manners to question people like that!"

She turned towards harry and smiled "I'm Diancie Greengrass, don't mind Avery, he's a bit rude at times."

"Whatever, Diancie," Avery huffed. He got up from his seat and walked out of the Great Hall.

"It's great that we got him out of the way," a boy who had stark resemblance towards Draco Malfoy grumbled, "I'm Abraxas, Abraxas Malfoy. Do you mind if I ask you some questions?" He tilted his head to the side.

"Uh, Sure, ask away," Harry said, in an attempt to act more friendly.

"There's no record of students having been transferred to hogwarts mid-year, how did you get in?" Abraxas questioned while he raised his eyebrow.

Shit! Hermione didn't say anything about our background. Harry gulped.

"My parents died when I was a year old. So my friend's family adopted me. I was home schooled by them. But they had an unfortunate accident with the dark lord...and since Dumbledore was a good friend friend of theirs, he offered us a place in hogwarts." Harry answered with a hint, of uncertainty in his words. He was never good at lying.

"I see, "Abraxas said, with a glint in his eye.

"As with that, the Sorting Ceremony is now over." Headmaster Dippet announced. The hall was silent when they listened to his words. Harry glanced around and saw that Hermione had been sorted into Ravenclaw instead of Griffindor this time round.

Hermione noticed Harry and mouthed,

"Everythings gonna be ok, Harry!" She assured.

Harry's heart simmered down. He took a few deep breaths and listened to the headmaster.

"A warm welcome to Hogwarts, dear 1st years and transfer students. Another yearly reminder of not straying in to the forbidden forest. How fast time flys! This year, we will have two new teachers here. Mrs. Annie teaching herbology,and Miss. Trivania teaching Astrology. And without further ado, let the hogwarts feast begin!

At this very moment, plates and trays of mouthwatering food appeared on the wooden tables,leaving golden flakes gently fall from the air. There was never a time where the Hogwarts Feasts were never filled with delicious food. All kinds of Harry's favourite food was still there in 1940s.There was roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, chips, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup and, for some strange reason, mint humbugs.

When Harry was filling his plate with all his favourite foods. He noticed that the mashed potatoes were on Tom's side of the table. He sighed,clearly upset about something.

"Is there anything wrong, Harry? Tom asked, blinking his eyes in an innocent manner.

" There's nothing wrong.. "Harry groaned lightly. Tom chucked

"I don't bite, Harry," Tom laughed jokingly. He lifted the plate of mashed potatoes with one hand, careful that his thumb did not smudge the potatoes.

Dont bite?! Your bloody kid voldemort, I'm sure you would fucking bite! Harry screamed.

"Don't be worried! You'll grow accustomed to being a Slytherin!"Another Slytherin with stark resemblance to Sirius Black assured him.

Harry's heart almost leapt out of his throat. He choked on the food he was eating.

" Oh no! Im so sorry! "The boy said. In an attempt to relieve Harry's pain, the boy rushed to give Harry a glass of water. Harry gladly took it with two hands. The brunette rushed down the drink. He fisted his hand and gently hit his inner chest.

" Are you ok? " The boy asked frantically, he pulled out a sky blue handkerchief and gave it to Harry. "Oh wait! I haven't introduced myself, have I? Im Alphard Black, from the most ancient and noble House of Black!" Alphard grinned from ear to ear. He gave Harry a handshake forcefully. Harry almost winced.

"Now, now Black, you're scaring him. You'll have plenty of time to get accommodated with him over the weeks," Riddle shook his head.

"Ah! My apologies, it's just some of my tenancies. I hope you don't mind!" Alphard scratched the back of his head.

"Its fine, nothing to worry about," Harry assured him. Everyone continued eating their dinner.

At this point, Harry's lost his appetite. He just wants to spend time alone. The brunette abruptly stood up from the chair and swiftly left the Great Hall.

***

Tom Riddle watched Harry leave the Great Hall. He smirked. Poor little lamb got lost in the snakes den. Oh how fun this year will be.

Writer's note:Hi! Sorry I changed the update schedule from every Sunday to once a month. I couldn't keep up with the update schedule. Once again, sorry! :< I'll try to make the chapter longer tho! Good day or night! <3