II: The Boy and The Dragon

Silently, you three sneak your way towards the dragon, when you hear a hushed voice, "...Don't be afraid. It's alright now, I'm back."

Paimon whispers to Aether, "Is he talking... to a dragon?"

You lean forward to catch a better glimpse of the boy when you accidentally step on dry leaves.

"Oops."

The boy whips around to find the source of the noise, "Who's there!?"

The dragon bellows in anguish, the force of the roar almost sending you away. Luckily, Aether clings onto your arm, and presses you against him, while his other hand holds onto the sturdy tree branch. The creature quickly flew back to the sky, and the boy that was talking to the dragon had vanished.

Once the coast is clear, you untangle yourself from a flushed-faced Aether and shyly give him your thanks as Paimon detaches herself from Aether's braided hair, "That was close! Paimon almost got blown away! Luckily, Paimon managed to grab ahold of your hair. Thanks!"

The blond shoots the pixie a glare, "Good thing you didn't pull my hair out."

Paimon chuckles nervously, "Just what was that? Paimon thought we were going to be eaten! It definitely has something to do with that weirdo who was talking to the dragon..."

Frazzled, you turn over to them, "I can't believe dragons exist in this world. In my world, they're just tales from a children's book. But now, I saw one with my own eyes..."

"Paimon gets why you're worried. Oh, look!" Her consoling words quickly dissipate as she points at an illuminating red object on the rock, "The big red shiny thingy over there. Let's take a closer look."

Aether scratches his neck, "I don't have a good feeling about this."

Upon approaching the item, Paimon flies around it, inspecting, "Paimon's never seen a stone like this before, so Paimon can't tell what it is. All Paimon knows is that it's dangerous. Best we put it away for now."

You glance over as Aether slowly cups the crystal, and when clasped, he closes his eyes, and the item vanishes from his palms, "Got it."

Paimon stretches, "Now let's get out of here!"