V: The Knights of Favonius

As you three approach the building (with some assistance from the Knights that were on patrol), Paimon ushers you all inside. The interior seems to be quaint but cozy, although the walls remind you of your school's administrative office. You shudder from the memory.

Seeing Kaeya and Amber, Aether waves at them, with you in tow. The taller man notices your hand clasped around Aether's and raises an eyebrow, staring back up, "Ready?"

You two nod.

You hear some mumbling in the first room to your left, "Jean, what's the hurry? I thought we agreed to meet them here."

A sigh escapes from another, "There have been sightings of Stormterror outside the city. Once we meet, we must—"

The first woman chuckles, "Relax, I'll lend a hand when the time comes."

Kaeya opens the door, moving to the side to let you all in, "Jean, I've brought them."

You are met with a blonde woman with steely, blue eyes, whose clothing has a white-and-blue palette. The woman next to her has a contrasting colour palette of purple and black with a hint of white. Intimidating women, you conclude. That's hot.

Your eyes wander around the room as Kaeya explains your situations. Looking at the sky outside, it remains vehement, worry for the citizens seeping in you. Days like these remind you of your younger self, walking to your parents' room and asking to sleep with them. Storms never sat well with you, and you always found comfort when your mom soothes your nerves as you cling to your dad for security.

Oh, how I miss them.

"...And once it was over, I brought them here."

Jean stares at the ground, seemingly conflicted, but looks up and smiles warmly, "Mondstadt welcomes you, windborne travellers. I am Jean, Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius. This is Lisa," she introduces the woman with a purple witch hat, "Our resident Librarian."

Lisa claps, "Oh! Are you sweeties here to help us out? You're all so adorable! Sadly," She crosses her arms, "The timing is regrettable. Stormterror has caused quite a ruckus in the region since its recent resurgence. Simply put, Mondstadt's elemental sphere and ley lines are now akin to a yarn ball in the paws of a kitten."

She sighs dramatically, "For a mage, it couldn't get much worse. My skin is one elemental particle away from a full-blown breakout."

Jean looks away and faces you and Aether, "If it weren't for this interference, the Knights of Favonius would have better ways to help you than just putting up missing person posters. We simply ask that you repose in Mondstadt while we help you seek out your sister and find you a way to get home."

Aether nods, "It really should help us out as well."

You and Paimon agree (not that you had a choice anyway), as Kaeya shifts his stance from one leg to the other, "Good. In that case, we need a plan."

Jean leans against her desk and places a hand on her chest, her lovely face gracing with concentration, "With Stormterror now directly attacking Mondstadt, we may have an opportunity to cut this problem off at the source. Lisa has revealed the sources of Stormterror's power with her detection magic."

"Is that so?" Kaeya questions, to which Lisa nods, furthering Jean's explanation.

"They're located in the abandoned Four Winds' Temples. Stormterror's ability to whip up these kinds of storms can be attributed to it drawing power from the temples."

Jean smoothes her pants out, "Our objective is to deal with three of the four temples. I trust everyone understands why we are only dealing with three."

You, Paimon, and Aether look at each other, "Paimon doesn't."

"It must be a local thing... We'll ask later." Aether murmurs, to which you nod.

Jean stands up from her desk, "Knights of Favonius, time is against us. The storm is rampant. There is no point in maintaining a defensive position. We need to take initiative and act before the situation escalates."

-

As the others leave to prepare for battle, you walk over to Jean, hoping for an answer that's been troubling your mind. She notices you and smiles kindly, "Thank you for accepting our invitation, traveller."

"Of course, but I wanna ask..."

Jean looks at you expectantly, but you suddenly chicken out, "Are all the knights as... "strict" as Amber?"

She chuckles softly, "Right, I heard you and Outrider Amber had a misunderstanding. Please forgive her, she was just doing her job. Talk to her sometime. I'm sure you'll like how energetic she always is."

Although you held yourself back from asking your real question, you thank her either way and go on your way to meet up with Paimon and Aether, planning your next course of action. You'll have to find some other time to ask.