Chapter 02

"Hey, Eren, can I speak to you for a moment? In private?" Levi asked, fiddling with his sleeve slightly. Eren perked up at the sound of his name and nodded.

"Sure!" he said happily, following Levi to the broom closet. Weird, Eren thought to himself. Then again, he did say he wanted to speak in private. But did it really have to be half way across the school?

"What did you want to talk about?" Eren asked after Levi had closed and locked the door. Another thing that felt slightly off to Eren, but he kept reminding himself that Levi had wanted to speak in private so it made sense. Levi stayed silent, pulling out a pretty pendant that seemed to glow in the dim light of the broom closet. It was only then that Eren noticed just how close he and Levi were in proximity to one another. "Levi?"

"Eren, I want you to listen closely and focus on the pendant." Levi ordered. Eren took a deep breath, eyes darting from Levi's liquid silver to the blue hues of the pendant, seemingly creating a peaceful silence between them for a moment with very slight twist.

"Okay," he mumbled, struggling to focus. It was almost hypnotic, begging to pull him further in.

"Good lad," praised Levi as he started to swing the pendant slightly. "Watch as it swings back and forth, back and forth. You like watching it swing, it's so satisfying to you. As you watch it swing, you start to realize two things. One is that you have always been attracted to me. Second is that you love only me. Isn't that right, Eren?"

"Yes..." It was a mutter that emitted from Eren, his brain unable to speak any louder than a barely audible whisper. The pendant, as well as Levi's words, seemed to numb his brain, making it feel like cotton candy.

"Good lad," Levi praised once more. It felt nice to Eren, being praised by one he had loved for so long. "Those two facts remain in your subconscious as you wake up, forgetting this ever happened."

"Yes.." Another whisper.

"Good lad. Now wake up." One last order and Eren was blinking his eyes, trying to focus on whatever was happening in the surrounding area.

"Levi?" Eren's voice was groggy, as if he had just woken up. Admittedly he had, but he couldn't quite understand why he felt that way. He had only jut entered the room with Levi mere seconds ago. Had he fainted? Shaking his head, Eren refocused on Levi once more. "What did you wanna talk about?"

"Well, I just wanted to ask if..." he hesitated before quickly continuing, coming up with a reason quite quickly, "over the summer, you wanted to hang out?"

"Of course!" Eren's reply was one of excitement, of joy.

"Cool. I'll call you when I'm ready to hang out, okay?"

"Mhm!" Eren nodded. After awkwardly standing in silence for a couple minutes, they headed back to the cafeteria. As they entered, Mikasa and Armin's glares landed on Levi. If looks could kill, Levi would be six feet under two times over right about now. "Can you guys stop glaring at Levi?" Eren asked his friends, rolling his eyes at them. "He just wanted to ask me something about summer break."

"What did he ask." Mikasa hadn't asked. No, she had demanded it. Eren glared at the ravenette, ignoring her demand, and continuing to eat. All the while he was snaking glances at the male ravenette a couple seats down. "Eren. Please, I just want to help you. What did he say to you?"

"Why are you being so damn nosy?" Eren growled, his glare intensifying.

"Spill the beans, Eren!" She almost yelled. "Levi isn't a good person, he's an Ackerman!"

Eren almost laughed at that. "Did you forget that you yourself are an Ackerman, Mikasa? By that logic, you're calling yourself a bad person." Mikasa seemed angry at the fact Eren had found a fault in her logic, but Armin wasn't surprised. Whenever Mikasa got angry or protective, logic goes out the window. "Besides, there's nothing to spill. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to head to class." Mikasa went to get up but froze when he added, "alone." The two friends watched Eren leave with Levi following after him. There's something going on here, Mikasa thought to herself as she glared towards the door the duo left through. I don't know what, but it'll end up hurting Eren. I can't let that happen, not to my best friend.

~

Word Count: 762