The past that hurts(part 1)-5

Hello my beautiful readers! How are we today, ready to read some crappy angust? No, well to bad because here it is! And as always a massive shout out to my bestie  x_echo28_x  Dude this amazing writer is seriously underrated! Because of them i am here writing and trying to give it a go, so massive shout out to them! You the best! If you havent read one of their storys please do, it is well worth it! Now lets get to today's trauma! ^_^

TW for the entire story!

Izuku's POV

I look at my hands as I start, wondering what to tell him and what to keep out. For some reason I feel like I can trust him, like I know he won't tell anyone. It is different when I tell Uraraka or Shoto something. He just feels safe, like I could come out of the closet in two seconds and he would be accepting. Ugh, screw it, what do I have to lose by telling him? If worst comes to worst I can just get Shinso to brainwash him into forgetting what I have told him.

"I guess a good place to start is my childhood. My father left when I was four. A few days after my doctor's meeting with the quirk doctor. My father said he was going to America for work and since my brother was closer with my father than my mother he went with him." Dabi looks at me with sad eyes. Hehe, his big brother is showing. I mean he is the second oldest, with Fuyumi as the oldest then Nasuto and finally Shoto. Shoto is the second youngest in the class, with Shoji being the youngest.

"My father kept in contact till I was six, I didn't hear from him again till I was sixteen. Hehe, ten years he left... I still don't know why or how mom forgave him. Umm anyway, my brother also came with him though he was different. He was more cruel and he looked almost sick. Mum was angry at dad because she said he was all skin and bones but dad said it was because training takes a lot out of him. We both hate dad's training but it does make us stronger." Dabi looked mad... he was probably remembering his training as a child.

"My father wants my brother to be his successor and carry on the family legacy. Dad says he couldn't use me because I was weak." Dabi clenches his fist and looks me in the eye.

"How are you weak? You have multiple quirks, you're smart and very strong. You push through when things get tough and you get the job done. How is that weak?" I chuckle at his comment. I have come so far from when i have started but I still had more to learn, more to grow. Now I have to brace myself for the slur that will come when I tell him this.

"Well you see dabi, when I was first diagnosed they made a mistake. I was a late bloomer and my body didn't develop my quirks till certain requirements were done. I was diagnosed as quirkless. I lived the first 11 years of my life believing I was quirkless..." I close my eyes and lower my heads, readying myself for a blow I thought would come... I waited ten seconds before daring to raise my head just enough to see dabi, he had a sad look on his face and his body language had almost softened.

"Why does it look like you are preparing yourself to get hit?...Do people hit you that often when you tell them that... that you have become accustomed to it? How many times have you let yourself get beaten? How are you a hero, when you have suffered so much abuse?" I raise my head all the way to look him in the eyes. My eyes start to water. No one has ever said anything not toxic to me about it apart from one person. I have only ever met one person outside my family that has not looked down or hit me for being quirkless as a child... Shoto. He and I both have a bad past, and so I guess it does make sense that he and Shoto both understand. But why did he ask how I became a hero? I know most villains weren't bad but still, why does my past surprise him? Is it possible that he cares or does he just pity me?

"Thank you, for not treating me like most people. Most say that since I was once quirkless I will always be useless, no matter how strong or how many quirks I have. My father seems to treat me like I'm a fragile doll that will break it if I do anything. Now don't get me wrong, he does sort of care for me. Like if he had to choose between me and a hundred dollars he would choose me. He just really hates me being a hero. Hehe" dabi gives me a shallow smile.