(***)

(Please be aware that this is only a story, and be aware of this disclaimer. I am sorry if it does upset someone)

Home

Y/N POV:

"Y/N! Come and eat and stop being on the phone of yours all the time!" A man's voice echoes through the hallway.

"I'm coming!" I walk all the way down the hallway, entering the kitchen and sitting at the table, my eyes still shut as I am half asleep.

"For once in your life can you please actually be good?" The man yells.

That voice, it can't be... I open my eyes, looking straight into the eyes of the man that calls himself my father. I try and stand up for myself but my words aren't coming out as intended.

"Look at these test results! You are a failure..." the man sighs. He hands me my math papers, "Honestly, I wish one woman in my life would at least be moderately good at something!" he exclaims.

Everything changes, the world around me became larger my father disappeared, and voices could be heard from the living room. I creep closer, passing a hallway mirror. It's me, but not me, that was me when I was younger. I shake off the confusion and try and listen to the voices talking. It's my mother and father.

"How, how could you screw up the one thing that a woman is supposed to be good at!" The man yells.

"I- Uhm- I- I don't know honey, I'm sorry, it's my fault..." My mother's voice is muffled by a few sobs.

"How could you have had a miscarriage, how could have lost my only son!" He screams.

"Baby, I told you I really don't know..." my mother excuses.

"Foolish woman, you try and deceive me!" The man yells as the whiskey glass, he was drinking from, was thrown towards a wall, shattering.

In a mere second, the ground where I stood became ever so further, but one thing didn't change, my parents' fight echo through the hall from the kitchen.

I turn around as I head towards the ruckus, I pass the mirror again, but what I saw shocked me, yes I was older, but I also had a few bruises covering my upper thighs and arms. I remember these, these were the reason I closed and tucked my problems deep into the abyss of my heart.

When I got to the ruckus, I immediately saw my father pinning my mother down yelling, "Samantha, you will listen!" I immediately ran towards them, trying to throw my father off of my mother. But it was futile, he turned around and shoved me into the corner, coming closer and closer lifting his hand for "punishment" as his arm swung, everything around me disappeared, my childhood home, gone. My mom, gone. The man, gone. Only a single wall that a long mirror hung from.

I stood up from my corner and waddled closer towards the wall. In the mirror, I saw myself, then in a second, it switched between different stages in my life. One thing hit me, none of them I ever smiled. How could that be? How could only a few days with him, be enough to fill all the smiles I have lost. 

How could I have lost my smile...

The room changed again, but this time I was witnessing a scene like a movie in front of me, instead of being in it. I saw myself sitting cross-legged under the bed's blanket and Tom in front of me. This was the moment after our kiss after he stopped my tears.

Tom pulled away he started to ramble, "Uhm, I am sorry for kissing you, and I'm sorry I know you said that we were only friends, but I didn't want you to cry and hurt yourself so don't weep anymore, I didn't want to lose your smile..."

This is what love is, not a forced feeling that Father was trying to "guide" us into, but protecting one's heart. Keeping it safe from any other that would do it any harm. 

The room reverted to the single wall, but as I looked into it, I saw an older me. A me that I haven't yet become. But in the mirror's background, I noticed an older Tom standing over the dining table, helping a little girl with her homework, he looked at me in awe and said, "My love, you are as beautiful as the day I met you, the day you gave us a beautiful daughter and the day you said, I do!" I walked closer to him but just as I was leaning in to kiss him...

I woke up, in the arms of the man that was trying his best to keep me safe. His heartbeat was soothing, do-doof, do-doof, do-doof. His breathing was steady, like this man, no as Tom- decided to guard my smile. I promise I'll guard his heartbeat, even if his heart doesn't beat for me, I'd still make sure his heart beats a sweet melody.

Tom's arms tightened around my waist, he started to sleep talk as if he was a knight ready to protect the princess, "Mister king man- you- shall not- hurt the- princess anymore!"

Tom, I think I love you...

A/N: I am so so so sorry that this one was a bit touchy, and I'm sorry if any of you had to ever experience that for yourselves. I am here to talk if needed, but I'd like to thank you for sitting in on this very Melancholy chapter, don't worry we are still far from ending it because we haven't even hit double digits yet... K bye~