Chapter 4: Witness

[Disclaimer: many parts might be too violent for the readers. Any word in Italian, you can go to the end of the page and see the definition of each word.]

Vanessa was sitting on a sofa. Wherever she looked, she saw bodyguards everywhere, watching her and holding guns. In front of her laying on the long couch is Yara going through her phone. Yara looked at her and smiled "You seem stressed." Vanessa shouted "Of course I am stressed! You are all monsters and criminals!" Vanessa kept shouting, insulting the family.

Yara stood up and glared at her, She grabbed the gun and pointed at Vanessa. "Don't ever call us monsters! Your father is the monster in this story. If I am the monster than you should have consider yourself starved to death!" Vanessa looked at Yara scared.

"Padrona*, Capo* is waiting for you in the backyard. They caught him." Yara smirked and walked away, echoing the high heels step on the floor. Vanessa started walking in the house right and left. She saw the beautiful long french doors opened to the backyard. She walked slowly, when she start hearing people talking.

She walked to the voices and hid behind the wall. Here he was standing armed with a gun. He was beating the man and not showing him mercy. When he backed off of him, Vanessa couldn't help but notice how the victim was grotesque. Already his eyes were swollen over and bloody spit drooled from his slack jaws. He was coughing and spitting his blood on the floor.

The men grabbed him and made him sit on the chair. Yara grabbed his face and put the knife under his neck "Bel regazzo sexy*.... now be a good boy and don't try to scream when I...." and she started to press the knife into his neck. The man screamed of pain. "Shhhh..... you stole from us money and we gave you time...."

Elie glared at him, he was looking at his bloody knuckles. He grabbed the gun and loaded. Yara backed off from the man and stood next to her cousin. "Brucia all'inferno*!!! MOSTRI*!!! L figli di Satana*!!" Screamed the man, trying to resist the grip of the bodyguards. His swollen eyes let lose of some tears.

Elie pointed the gun at him and said "Stupido*." the sound of the bullet flying, made Vanessa feel a knot in her stomach. Deep inside she felt she might be next. She looked back and saw the men grabbing the victims legs and dragging it out of their master and mistress legs. Elie took a handkerchief and handed it to his cousin "Take it amore* there is blood on your cheeks."

Yara smiled and took the handkerchief and wiped her face. "Now what?" she asked with a dark tone. He smirked and took her to a side hug and went walking away. Vanessa tried to eavesdrop but they were too far away from her.

They walked together near the pool "Are you serious....?" she asked Yara. "but it's a suicidal mission Elie!" He replied angry "I don't care. I will do anything to kill him. By killing him Yara, no one will ever have the nerves to say our names." Yara turned to her cousin, only to see Vanessa standing there.

Elie looked behind him and saw her. He walked towards her and grabbed her arm pulling her to his chest. Her face was tugged in his chest. The strong perfume of his, made her heart beats fast. She was breathing heavily. She looked up at him. She was trembling between his arms. He noticed. "Am I scaring you Bella*?" Vanessa stared at him.

He smiled and said "Shouldn't you be used to watching things like this?" She shook her head no. He was confused by her answer. How a girl who's father is a mafia, never saw someone been killed in front of her. A part of him felt sorry for the girl, the other part is reminding him whose daughter she is.

He let go of her and said "let me escort you to your room. Yara will bring you some clothes for today. Tomorrow I will take you shopping to buy new clothes. It seems you will stay longer than I expected." Vanessa with a trembling voice asked "what do you mean?" He looked at his cousin and scoffed "It seems your father doesn't care about you."

Vanessa felt empty inside. How could her father not care about her disappearance. She stood her head down, Disappointed while hatred was filling her heart. He looked at her and said "Miss Espada come." She walked towards him and walked her to her room.

The room was much better than the last one. This one is bigger, decorated with beautiful white drapes. A huge bathroom accompanied with the room. She looked back at he kidnaper, she smiled "Thank you." He smirk, then glared as he noticed that he showed some emotions. He turned his back and walked away.

Vanessa jumped on the bed. Someone knocked on the door and enter her room. Yara came and gave her a new night gown. Then she sit next to her "Did you really never witnessed an assassination? Your father-...." Vanessa rolled her eyes "I'm nothing like him. I hate guns! I have a phobia if I see blood."

Yara looked away. "I'm sorry that I screamed." Yara smiled and shrugged her shoulders "yeah Don't worry." "and your mother?" Vanessa sighed "never met her." "me too." Vanessa felt sorry for Yara. She held her hand "well we do have something in common after all. I really didn't had the time to thank you to let me out of the room."

Yara chuckled "No problem.... Go rest now. Tomorrow my cousin will take us shopping." Yara winked at her "you're the first girl he would buy her stuff." Vanessa blushed and looked away as Yara left laughing.

She laid in bed. A part of her wished that's all a dream, but the other was too busy to dream about Elie. She found him very handsome. She tugged her red face in the pillow only to realize she was so tired. Her eyes softly started to close.

"I told you she is quite interesting." Elie looked at Yara then said "never witnessed a murder? To be honest I'm starting to doubt if I kidnapped the right girl." Yara laughed "She is cute, am I right?" She looked at her cousin. "If you think that something might happen between us than you are utterly wrong."

____________________
1080 Words

VOCABULARY:
•Padrona: mistress
•Capo: boss
•Bel regazzo sexy: handsome sexy boy
•Brucia all'inferno: burn in hell
•Mostri: monster
•L figli di Satana: satan's children
•Stupido: stupid
•Bella: beautiful