Chapter 27: Backstory (part 5)

[thank you so much for the support. Really thank you so much, I hope you enjoy this chapter]

"So Elie called you to pick me up and meet him where?" Alessandro held her hand and pull it to his lips "he said to meet him at Santiago's" yara smiled at him "Alessandro...." He tried to peak at her, "yes mi amore." "It is weird to have a scary feeling in your guts.... I don't know why but I feel something is going to happen." He glared confusingly "yeah it is weird. What do you think might happen?" The only response she had from him was some reassurance and a shrug.

15 min later in the ride, They were both looking through the windows when mid way, in the road they were both driving in surrounded by fields and forest, there was a huge black car, parked sideways in the middle of the road. Alessandro stopped the car that was 15 meters away from it. "What's wrong with that car?" Yara asked. Alessandro took off his seatbelt and replied "I don't know." Suddenly, a man appeared, holding an RPG in his hand, he put it slowly on his shoulder and it took one simple click when a bomb came out. Alessandro couldn't do anything but to hold Yara between his arms ..... BOOM.

Flou..... a huge ring in his ears.... Dizziness. His car was in million of pieces. Blood dripping from his head... looking around, he found her. Her white short dress covered red and she was unconscious. The man that shoot them was long gone. He crawled painfully. His head heavy and hammered. He reached her hand and collapsed next to her. "Y-.... Y.... A....r....a....." he was heavy breathing. He's in pain. Yet his heart was about to explode. She's not responding.

He grabbed her and pulled her to him. She was now laying next to him "l-...l-love..." no response. Right next to him his broken phone laying. He did a huge effort to grab it. He called the one to save him "ale where are you? You're late..." Elie's voice echoed. "E-e... elie...." Silence "ALE WHERE ARE YOU?! ARE YOU OKAY...?" Alessandro looked at his right. Yara was still unconscious. The pain of the heart with the pain of his body mixed up all together made him cry "elie... come! Yara.." he's crying. Hysterically crying. "She... is... not.... Responding... h-help..." "IM ON MY WAY! STAY WITH ME! PLEASE MAN STAY WITH ME."

Ale crawled back to Yara holding her now, between his arms, he finally was sitting straight. Knees bleeding but holding her, laying her head on his chest and body held up. "Y-Yara...." Tears fell from his eyes to her cheek. "Answer me mi amore." Still no response. 5 min later, more than 3 black cars parked around the scene. Elie run and fell on his knees and the sight of his best friend hugging his cousin close to his chest. "IS SHE ALIVE?! IS SHE BREATHING?!" Screamed Elie. As her cousin tried to touch her, Ale hold on to her tighter. "just... call.... For an ambulance.... Please...."! And in a minute, an ambulance came. Ale roared at the nurses to get away as he held her in a bridal style way and placed her on the bed. While other grabbed him later, and took him to another ambulance.

While being helped, with top shirtless and only his black pants and belt on him. Silent tears were falling his cheeks "senior. How you feeling? Do you feel in pain?" No response. "Nurses let him rest." And everyone left the room. A knock. Elie walked in "how you feeling ale?" Still no response. Elie sat in front of him "don't blame yourself." Ale rushed and hugged elie and started to cry. "I... I.... It was so.... F-fast....." elie gripped him tight "she's alright.... She is." But nothing would make Alessandro feel better.

Elie and Alessandro were walking in the hallway in front of her room. She was visible in front of them, tubes stick in her mouth, with an oxygen tube in her nose.... A view that Alessandro can't face. Elie rubbed his back, encouraging him to look. And the sight of her laying half dead in the hospital bed made him want to die. He laid his head on the visible window, pounding his head hard, a hand holding himself and the other gripping his hair.

He looked at her "please.... Let me see her....it's my fault...." Elie held him "we can't. The doctors told us to let her alone." Tears run faster down his cheekbones. "It should have been me in this bed... not her" he looked at her sleepy body, the heart monitor next to her beeping. For an hour, he stayed in the same position, him mind ordering himself to keep an eye on her, to any assassin, danger.... Monster. As his eyes started to get tiredly... a sound appeared.

BEEPBEEP!!
BEEPBEEP!
BEEP....
BEEP....

His eyes are fully opened and his heart rate going fast. Nurses and Doctors rushed into the room. "WHATS GOING ON?!" He roared trying to get into the room. One of the doctors pushed him out "sir sir!" "LET ME IN!! WHATS WRONG!" The doctor tried to explain but one of the nurse rushed to him "doctor we need you! Her heart is weak!" He pushed him outside and locked her room door, he run to the window but got blocked by the views of more than 10 nurses surrounding her.

Elie rushed "what's wrong?!" "I DONT KNOW THE HEART MONITOR START TO GO CRAZY AND...." He couldn't continue what he wanted to say, elie rushed to window and looked at it. His hands turned to fists as he hit hard on the window. "If it was your father.... Involved.... IN THIS BULLSHIT AND YARA DIES BETWEEN MY HANDS! THIS TIME YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL REGRET IT!" Alessandro looked at him and gripped his hair "YOU THINK I DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS?! YOU THINK I DONT UNDERSTAND?!"

Elie roared "NO YOU DONT UNDERSTAND! YOU HAVE PARENTS?! YOURE NOT LIKE ME!  A PATHETIC ORPHAN! WHOS ONLY FAMILY IS HER! AND YOUR FATHER IS GOING TO TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME!" Tears appeared in liberalo's eyes. "SHES THE ONLY THING I HAVE LEFT! SHE MEANS NOTHING TO YOU!" Alessandro's blood boiled. Now him and elie are gripping each other's shirt with force "SHE MEAN MORE THAN YOU EVER THINK. YOURE MY BEST FRIEND AND SHE GREW TO ME!"

As the fighting started to get louder, the doctor came out and pulled both of the men from each other "GENTLEMEN THIS IS A HOSPITAL! Please! Now... about miss Liberalo's state. She's alright. Her heart skipped a beat for a second because of the lost of bloody. Either than that, she's alright." Both of the boys let go of each other, and nodded. "Mister Garcia, do you still feel dizzy?" He shook his head no. The doctor nodded and adding few more informations about Yara's state and left. Elie looked at Alessandro's. And then turned his back and left away.