Chapter 11: HeartBreak

[Bruh...... is it just me, or your fyp on TikTok is filled with mafia imagines.... I think it's a signe from god.]

Yara glared, she run to Elie trying to attack him, only to feel Marco holding her back. She started crying "You knew! I know you knew about it! And you agreed." Seeing his cousin crying in front of him... broke his heart.

He tried to explain "Yara... I-.." "you could have said no! You could have refused this marriage! It's all your fault!!!" She sat on the floor, tears scrolling down her cheekbones more than ever. Elie sat next to her "Yara.... It's just a marriage...."

Yara pushed him away "you don't know anything! Marriage is not some type of deal you do! It's when two people that love each other decides to spend their life together.... I always dreamt of marrying him.... And you ruined it."

Vanessa walked to her. As soon as Yara saw her, she rushed and hugged her. Vanessa glared at Elie and shouted "Are you happy?! I thought that you really cared about her as much as she cares about you."

Vanessa whispered to Yara "go back upstairs, talk to him..." Yara walked upstairs leaving Vanessa alone with the boys. "That's none of your business what happens in this family!" "It becomes my business when I see the injustice that's happening in this room. It's not to late to change things, go talk to your uncle-..."

"MIND YOUR BUSINESS ESPADA!" Shouted Elie. Vanessa looked away and went upstairs after Yara. She was walking into this mansion, going from room to room to look for Alessandro. Until she stood in front of a room, where shouts and cries were echoing from it.

She opened the door and enter the room. Alessandro and Yara were arguing instead of being reasonable. "SHUT UP YARA. ITS ENOUGH GO MARRY THIS PRINCE CHARMING OF YOURS!" Yara shook her head no, crying "I WONT I WANT TO BE WITH YOU ALE!"

"BUT THEY DONT WANT US TOGETHER! NO ONE WANT US TO BE TOGETHER?! WHAT POWER DO I HAVE TO STOP YOUR FATHER?! TO STOP ELIE?!" Shouted Alessandro.

"I DONT WANT HIM ALE! I LOVE YOU! I WANT TO BE WITH YOU..." Alessandro replied crying "don't you think I want that too? I love you.... I love you more than anything in this world.... But he's better... rich, your father's perfect husband-to-be for his daughter, handsome.... He will give you the attention you deserve, the money-...."

"But he won't give me the love that you give me." Vanessa stepped forward "there must be another way...." "NO THERE'S NOT VANESSA!"

Vanessa thought for a minute and added "yes there is..... runaway. Before the marriage. Take Yara and runaway . Away from this place and its people." Yara's face lightened up. She looked smiling at Alessandro. Who looked back at her shocked. He then shook his head no "no... I won't risk it. If we runaway, yara will receive the hit and not me. I won't take the risk."

He bent down, took his suitcase from under the bed and opened it, going back and forth from the closet to take his clothes to the suitcase. "W-what a-are you doing?" Asked Yara. Alessandro cries echoed louder "WHAT DO YOU SEE IM DOING YARA! IM LEAVING!"

Yara stood in front of him, blocking his way, she hugged him tight, not letting him go. She burst into tears "I beg you... don't leave me.... Not like this." He grabbed her shoulders, pushing her away gently "don't make it harder than it is Yara.... Please..."

"You promised you won't let me go... please take me with you." Alessandro replied "what do you want me to do?! Stay her and watch you and him kissing and start a family? I prefer to kill myself." He closed his suitcase and started to walk away. "I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU ALESSANDRO!" He looked back at her "no you don't." He walked out of the room closing the door.

Yara collapsed on the floor crying. Vanessa went to her and hugged her. Rubbing her back and comforting her. As Alessandro was walking downstairs with his suitcase, tears scrolling down, Elie stopped him "where are you going Ale?" Asked worried.

Alessandro continued his way out "family emergency...." "Are you crying? Everything is okay with you my friend?" He turned to him angry and shouted "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" As Elie saw the tears, he couldn't say anything anymore... he only watched his friend walking away... someone he trusted the most, was by his side the most, walked away from him angry.... His cousin first.... Now his best friend.

He walked upstairs, heard this soft voice "it's going to be okay Yara.... I promise...." He opened the door slightly. Her messy hair on the side, her arms wrapped around his cousin, her angelic voice telling her and comforting her.... Her eyes that were shining like two little rhinestones and this soft smile, just the look of it made him feel peace inside.

The sun rays' made her hair glow, all of her curls were defined.... He felt something coming alive in his heart. Until their eyes met, he didn't notice himself staring at her that deeply. Vanessa looked shocked at him. He enter the room and sat in front of his cousin. "It's not about the marriage is it?"

Yara glared at him and stood up "WHAT DO YOU CARE?! ALL YOU CARE IS ABOUT BUSINESS.... BUSINESS.... BUSINESS.... BUSINESS.... I wish it's once about me...." She walked away and slamming her bedroom door loudly.

Vanessa stood up, about to walk away. Only to feel a hand holding her, stopping her. She looked back, only to see Elie looking down and holding her hand "E-Elie...." "I know I might be the last person you want to talk to. But-.... It's not about the marriage is it.... She loves him, doesn't she?"

Something inside of Vanessa wanted to stay still, feel his touch, she answered him nervously "it's not my place to tell you..." She looked at him, her heart beating fast. "Miss Espada..... you are right.... I am a monster." Vanessa felt sorry for him, a part of her hated him so much, but the other part felt sorry for him.

"Like I said earlier.... It's not too late to change things." She felt a tear drop on her hand, she looked at him shocked, she never thought that she will ever see him cry. "Maybe it is too late, the wedding is the day after tomorrow."

Vanessa approached him, lifting his face a little bit to look into his eyes. Those beautiful teary eyes that gave her a heartache, she was fighting her thoughts. She rushed and hugged him "crying won't solve anything Elie."

Elie felt his heartbeat going fast like a drum, his palms are getting sweaty and everything felt so warm. He looked down at her, seeing her tugging her face in his chest and tightening her hug more. He smiled and replied "I know what I'm about to ask seems impossible, but I want you to go and bring Yara a wedding dress and leave the rest to me."

She looked back at him and saw the fire in his eyes, she smiled and let him go. He nodded and started to walk away, he stopped suddenly, looked back at her, rushed and laid a kiss on her cheeks and said "don't really get used to it... but thank you."
————————-
1260 Words