6. Did we kiss?

"Oh my ears! My ears! Someone save them! What's that cringey shit right there?" Cleo asks, mortified

"Oh my ears! My ears! Someone save them! What's that cringey shit right there?" Cleo asks, mortified. She covers her face and looks through the gaps between her fingers.

"That's your voice. That was when you called me last night. I'll save you from embarrassment and not play the whole thing," he says, sliding his phone into his jogger's pocket. "Were you recording our call?" she asks, placing a hand on her chest. Jungkook sighs, "I don't really have to answer that question but since you are suspecting that I'm doing some sketchy shit, my calls are always on auto record."

Cleo slowly lowers her hand. "How did I end up here?" she asks, in a tiny voice. "Well, that's a suspense so you have to remember that yourself. By the way there is some hangover soup on the table, have it before you leave," he says, walking away.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'll leave now," she jumps out of the bed and runs to him. "I swear to go, whatever happened last night wasn't intentional. I need my phone," she extends her hand. Jungkook gives it to her and gives her a side smile before turning away. "Can I take the soup for the go? It's too embarrassing to have it here," she asks, she feels like she could melt into the ground and disappear forever. She follows him into the kitchen.

"This is not a restaurant, Cleopatra," Jungkook says, drinking a beige coloured drink out of a transparent cup. She wants to beat the shit out of him so bad. He wouldn't tell her how she ended up here and is being the meanest fucker out there. She takes a deep breath closing her eyes and speaks.

"Look, I'm only being nice because I don't remember what happened last night. Not yet. You are being mean for no reason or whatsoever. I'm sorry if I caused you any discomfort. I already decided not to go after you because I respect people's choices. If you say no, then yeah good. I respect that. So, when I remember what happened and if there is no fault from my side, I want you to apologize Mr. Jeon. For being so mean," she says and turns towards the cup boards in the kitchen to rummage through the shelves. She finds some packing covers and pours the soup in. She doesn't look back at him and storms out of the house. Jungkook continues to drink his barley tea before she storms in again.

"Did I bring my car?" she asks, frowning. He shakes his head. She storms out again.

"Hot young blood. I used to be like that too," Jungkook chuckles.

"Yeah, Hwapyeong, are you guys at the garage? Can someone pick me up? I'm going to send you my live location," she says, over the phone. She speaks for a few more seconds before hanging up. As if to raise the temperature of her overheating, she receives a message from Iseul.

My bitch

So, How was the night? 😋

Did you have fun? 🔞

I hope I get my reward for

setting you up with my uncle 💪

"Wow, it was your idea?" she mutters under her breath. "You are a dead meat Iseul. I will beat the shit out of your uncle first and then you," she rubs at her temples to control her temper. She calls Iseul.

"Hello, sweet heart. How did you sleep? Or did you sleep at all?" Iseul asks, chuckling. Before Cleo could say anything she spoke again. "Yeah, please don't thank me. I hope you will make it up to me one day. I wasn't expecting you to wake up too soon," she giggles.

"Are you drunk?" Cleo asks. There is a long silence on the other side. "Did I ask you to set up with your asshole uncle? Did I?"

"Well, I thought. You like him don't you?"

"Well there is no fucking point in liking a rock right? It doesn't turn into a fucking flower. He embarrassed the shit out of me. I had to go on a fucking one night stand to get over him and you let him play me again? I was minding my own fucking business and you set me up? You sound so proud babe," Cleo yells. "What the hell happened last night?"

"Wow, No one got you so mad after Jimin. Was he that mean?"

"Do I have to answer it again?"

"Okay, okay. Chill. Actually I don't know the full story but my uncle called me late in the night. Around one in the morning I guess. He asked me to pick you up. Like literally from somewhere off the streets. Apparently you video called him and asked him to pick you up. But he figured it would be better if I picked you up. But I thought it might give you guys a break if I played dumb and told him I was busy. I just thought you would be elated in the morning or something might have blossomed during you know. I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything else," Iseul finishes.

"Oh, um. I'm so sorry. He really is mean. I'm sorry I took it on you. It's just, it's so embarrassing," Cleo sighs.

"Where are you? Are you okay?"

"Somewhere on the street. I asked Hwapyeong to pick me up."

"Do you want to come over? I know you don't want to be alone now."

"You are right. But I'd rather be alone now. I have to remember what happened. What was I thinking video calling him for fuck sake," she slaps her forehead.

"I'm sure it isn't much. Just don't fuss over it. Let it go. Come over when you sort your feelings out."

"Yeah. I will," Cleo ends the call and checks her video call list. There was a seven minute outgoing video call and a two minute incoming one. "He called me? Acting all mighty and shit. You called me back you idiot," she scoffs.

"Yeah, to know where you are."

"Ah fuck, can I get a break? Were you eavesdropping Mr.Jeon?" she asks. "No, I wasn't. I just got here to go to work and you are blocking my car," he says.

"Might as well run over me," she mutters and moves over. "All yours, your highness. Go to work," she points her hands towards the road. "Want a ride?" he asks. For a moment there her heart skips a beat. She would have been playful and accepted the right any other time. But not now.

"This is not a cab service right Mr. Jeon? There is no reason for you to give me a ride. Please don't bother yourself," she says.

"Are you mad at me right now? I guess it should be the other way around," he asks, a little smile on his face. Cleo clenches her jaw and at the road.

"I have a question for you Mr. Jeon," she says. Jungkook nods. "Did we kiss?" She tries to read his face. He keeps it straight until he brings a smirk on it. "Enjoy the soup," he says and walks to his car. He doesn't look at her as he drives away.

"Shit, why did I ask that," Cleo sighs and covers her face. 

So kids haha hope you enjoyed the chapter. To get answers to why Cleo video called Jungkook we will have to wait till the next chapter. Once she goes to her home, then we will find out.

Stay tuned.

Leave votes and comments. Your feedback is fuel to my writing

Donations on Kofi are open if you like my works.

Commissions are always open. Drop message ⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾