1

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter one ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

It was a very peaceful day, the female assassin decided to settle herself down onto a lake next to the Swan Castle — the Azure Lake. The beautiful scene and the breathtaking Swan Castle, the wind blowing her hair gently as the sound of the running water of the lake soothes her. She sat at one of the rocks, clutching onto her longsword on her left hand on the ground.

This is the place where Thamuz has visited for the twilight orb, but she hasn't been in such mission. Her duty is to keep the empire safe and hunting demons down. She has been doing her duty since her teenager years, when her orphanage was broken down during the war between the Moniyans and the demons. She was always fascinated by swords, wishing that she would be like the powerful and skilled assassins out there.

Day by day, she trained herself and never knew that her orphanage would be destroyed. She was left homeless for awhile until she found a kind-hearted woman, precisely a princess, Princess Odette. Lives in the Swan Castle with her father and maids, Odette and her were at the same age at that time — in which before she met her lover Lancelot.

Odette has never roamed outside the castle, not too far, but she found her when the assassin was passing by the castle. Odette felt sympathy for her and offered her a stay on her father's consent, until the assassin stayed until she was 18, she moved out to start an independant life.

The assassin doesn't have a family. She never know who her parents are nor she has any siblings. Her days in the orphan was full of adventures on herself, she barely talks or associates with the other kids in the orphanage. Kids in the orphanage mostly lost their father whom died in the war as a soldier. So for her, Benedetta, Alucard, Granger, and Natalia are very familiar names to her.

A memory from her childhood days recalled, it was when she talked to Benedetta, she felt sympathy for her father who was a low-rank soldier and was rejected not long before the orphanage was destroyed. Benedetta stayed with her in most of the time, probably the only person she wants to talk to, but in sometimes they would have to face an awkward atmosphere between them. This friendship may not be special, but Y/n was relieved to have someone who faces nearly the same fate. They were never taken by the imperial army to train in the Monastery of Light, in which most of the orphans were taken there.

Benedetta was quite in shock when she was rejected, since that day she barely talks to Y/n. She was the same cold Benedetta as she met before, typically all orphans are but this upsets Y/n more.

She remembers when Silvanna gives an unexpected command for her. She requests Y/n to head the Imperial Sanctuary and offered a training to become one of them. But Y/n refused, knowing the injustice and the harsh training she has to face, it is better to be on her own and on her own way. Besides, it was the third year she lived independantly and faced thousands of demons already. She felt enough and satisfied of herself on the point where she has gone so far.

Although she missed a lot of people she met in the past, especially when Odette, she would always visit pay a visit to the Swan Castle to see her and sometimes enjoying the view from the beautiful Azure Lake. It has been her favourite place to refresh since her days in the Swan Castle.

And in fact, she knows that Odette sensed her presence. She isn't far from the castle and she bet Odette could see her through her window.

A figure standing at the balcony, waving towards her direction from the castle. Y/n could recognize her as she waved back at the blonde girl-figure. She could see the girl rushing back into the castle, probably making her way towards Y/n.

Y/n smiled at the scene as she waited for Odette, the blonde girl arrived in such a rush as if she was chased by someone. Odette delightfully smiled then pull her into a brief hug. "How have you been?" Odette asked as her hand tapped on Y/n's left shoulder. "Excellent and wonderful, how about your love story with Lancelot?" Y/n teased. Odette replied with a chuckle and playfully hit her arm, "Everything is going well, you know it."

The two giggled and joyfully continued their conversation. Until a sound of leaves rustling on the bushes, they know it was too loud for a wind could even make. The two darted their heads towards the source of the sound. Y/n signalled Odette to stay behind as she stepped forward, clutching her hand onto her sword — ready to pull it out whenever she predicted or sense danger is going to come out in any second, she has always trusted on her senses as her sharp movements ready to dodge and attack whoever is behind that bush.

Odette looked at the assassin stepping infront of her in worry visibly shown in her eyes, but she believe that Y/n can face against whoever it is. Odette anticipated for danger coming in any second as she felt uneasy, she summon her scepter and her sword, ready to face whatever it is. A huge monsterous creature jumped out and Y/n pulled out her sword to block the attack. And soon, many of them surrounded the two. The mage is not feared at all, as well as the assassin. They are ready for this sudden battle.

"Long time no see, Y/n," the deep monsterous voice greeted her. "Thamuz," she said to herself, loud enough for Odette to hear. The swan princess knows who Thamuz is, but she always choose not to participate any fight with them. Except in somekind of situation, she would willingly join, like this one.

"Along with the swan princess," he chuckled. "Perish them," he ordered to his demons. Without any warning, Odette summons a swan, slowing the demons down as a sound wave bounces on the enemies. The assassin charge towards the demons, blocking their attacks with her longsword and dashing behind them in a blink of an eye, proceeds on slashing her sword, the demon's head fell onto the ground as some of their blood caught onto her cheek. However, it didn't bother her. This is totally normal, even she had ever faced a lot more nasty things than this.

The demons starts falling and decreasing. To finish this once and for all, the two glanced at each other for a signal. Odette nodded as she got the message from Y/n's gaze. The swan princess summons sets of magic balls, immobilizing the demons on her way. She jumps forward and raises her scepter, begin releasing the swan song as the sound waves are still bouncing onto each of the enemies. The assassin took this advantage, she blinked closer to the demons who were trying to escape from the swan song. She slash each of the demons who are left conscious, dashing to each of them with an incredibly swift movement.

Odette stopped her swan song then her eyes wander around the place. Bodies are scattered on the ground with nasty liquid around, but no sign of the leader anymore. Thamuz has made his escape, leaving his army all dead or perhaps some of them escaped, such a coward tsk. Odette glanced at Y/n, the assassin wipped the blood off her cheek with a frown. She knows it very well that Thamuz has made his escape, again.