16

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter sixteen ❞

Note :I'm so sorry for taking exactly a month for me to update :* I'm happy to see the votes, thank you!I'll try to update soon again

Note :
I'm so sorry for taking exactly a month for me to update :*
I'm happy to see the votes, thank you!
I'll try to update soon again. <3

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

Since the rise of the sun, when the sky was an orage yellowish hue, I have a few thoughts in my mind. Questions like why I acted that way, those heart racing and blood rushing moments. It all felt oddly familiar, something I haven't experience in a very long time that I couldn't remember when it was. When Odette threw me that question about Aamon earlier this morning, I don't know why it made my heart skipped a beat everytime I thought about it.

And last night, it was surreal and it felt like a dream. The way his blue eyes shone like the shining stars, it all replayed like a movie inside my head. I was clueless on why and how I could feel this way, it was confusing. It all happened so fast, too fast for me to comprehend and process everything. That includes today, the sun is lying in the middle of the sky which caused me to check on it twice before confirming that it is noon already.

I found myself staring onto the calm water of Azure Lake sparkling by the sunlight. Contemplating about this endless matter aimlessly, it just evolves around the recent times. A ripple surfaced above my reflection as I looked at it, gradually disappearing and clearing the glistening clear water under the sun. My eyes are fixated onto the scar that remains on my ear due to that incident. It has healed much, luckily. And eventually, that reminds me of Aamon again, on the day he saved me for the second time and still I couldn't thank him enough.

Everytime I have the chance to daydream, it is always about him. Aamon, is it just me or is it also on you? Before I could even lay a finger on my doubt, Odette assured me as if she had read my mind all along. "Thinking about something, or rather someone?" Her voice approached. I guess it was written all over my face. "Well, you know it," I let out a sigh in defeat, knowing that there is no point of hiding anymore.

"Look, I'm sorry for earlier. I sounded a little harsh," Odette started. I divert my eyes to hers, realizing the guilt on the curve of her lips. "It's okay," I attempt to ease her with a smile on my face, and I assume it worked when the tension on her shoulders disappeared. "I was just surprised," I added. "Me too," her eyes gleaming in curiosity. "You were thinking about the duke, right?"

I nearly chocked on my own saliva at her straight forwardness. "Is it obvious?" She chuckled at my question, "Probably."

"We are friends, I just couldn't thank him enough after all the help and particularly saving my life," I explained, denying anything that might be inside her head right now. "Ah, I see," she nodded. "I hope you are not in denial," a hint of tease in her tone caused me to laugh in return. "Trust me, I am not," it sounded genuine, coming from me. Although, I am still in confusion and wonder of everything inside my heart. Sometimes, I don't understand why Odette acts like a type of sister that worries so much yet looks after sorts of drama happening in my life as she reads every single emotion from my face like a book.

I laid my eyes onto the lake again, wishing that everything flows smoothly like water. But it turns out, nothing is fully perfect in life. I hate it just as much I hate the scars from the previous battle, it makes me appear weak and vulnerable the more I look at it. I could feel the annoyance surging within myself as I thought about it more, along with my incapibility of standing alone despite of my experiences.

Odette's figure appeared on the clear water, her eyes looking straight at her own reflection as she stood next to me. She was aware of my focus being diverted to her, an instinctive smile formed on my face as I noticed. "I heard that you saved Harith during that day in Lumina City, he wants to thank you again," she started. My head perked up at her words. "How do you know?"

"Harith told me himself," she returned, her gaze soften as she avert her gaze from the water to me. "He really wants to see you," Odette added, a hint of hope glinting in her eyes. "How about..." I trailed, "Paying a visit to Lumina City?"

"I'm coming with you then," she beamed. "I haven't seen the city in awhile." I don't know whether I should feel happy or worried for her. The Abyss creatures may still remain and lurking around Lumina City, although the lightborn must have cleared the city earlier. In the worst scenario, if perhaps something similar happened again, there is a probability that people might get hurt when the situation is out of hand.

"Don't worry Y/n, I will inform Silvanna about our visit," she assured. I guess the lightborn can be trusted, atleast on this small matter. "Are you free tomorrow?" Odette questioned, the curve on her lips showed excitement. I was surprised on her demeanor until I thought that she probably misses the city so much. I nodded as a response, earning a squeal from her. "I see that you're extremely happy," I grinned at her reaction, while trying to convince myself that everything will go well.

Odette giggled. "I miss the city," she remarked. "May I send the message to Silvanna now?" I nodded in response, earning her hands clapping in joy. She scampered away like an excited child before turning back, I watched her giving me the brightest smile I haven't seen in awhile. "Are you coming with me into the castle?" She asked. "I'll stay here a little longer," I answered. She gave me a quick nod before scurrying back into her castle. My eyes followed her figure until she disappear from my sight. The hapiness she radiated was infectious, still having the effect on me although she has left.

I caught a glimpse of my own reflection on the clear water, which somehow snapped a thought inside my head. "Wait!" I started running to catch up with Odette without thinking twice.

I knew I shouldn't be alone, talking to my own reflection inwardly and thinking about solving puzzles that will show its answer in the future. I think about being patient, allowing everything to flow like the water in the lake. I may not be aware as it probably takes time for me to understand such things. I have to keep my eye open for clues then.