6

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter six ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

A figure covered with a translucent blue coat concealing himself as he dashed behind a tree. He observed the surroundings through a peek from his hood, sticking his head out slightly from the tree trunk that is covering his whole figure. The rustling leaves and smushing sound of the soil alerted his senses, at the same time fully aware of hiding his existence from the opponent. The daylight has thankfully helped his attention onto the surroundings.

Two silhouettes caught his sight. They were heading towards his direction — towards the house he is standing next to. They have demonic like features, sharp and spiky limbs with horns sticking out from their head. These monstreous creatures are lurking around, seemingly to wait for a perfect timing for catching its prey. Exchanging of whispers among them could be heard clearly by his ears behind the tree he was still hiding from. He doubt on what they might be planning, he knew that they may be onto something else than performing a trap. These monters would not foolishly appear during the daytime, they must be onto something else.

He pulled his hood, covering his face then swiftly escaped from his intial position. He dashed towards their backs without their notice, charging them with his glowing blue shards, infused by magic as it flows around him. Still in his concealed state, he  starts them off without a threat, immediately demolishing them with his shards. They have no clue on who killed them even until their bodies fell onto the ground lifelessly. Some of the blue shards still attached to the bleeding bodies, he controlled them to retreat and follow him.

He rushed towards another tree in silence, seeking for another hiding spot with a good view for him to anticipate any incoming danger. His head perked towards a sound of slashing swords which caught his attention. He took a brief peek before darting his head towards a figure of a woman heading her way towards the house. Her white dress with a swan-like design, extremely familiar to him.

The sight of her silhouette approaching has signalled him to leave the place. Hoping that the woman wasn't aware of his presence, he gripped and tightened his coat around him, knowing that it is his cue to leave and heading further away from the house.

An hours has passed since I held the longsword on my hands and now I could feel the handle dampening from my sweat. I managed my breath as I decided to head inside and rest myself for today. The same fatigue I felt last night was just the same, but it was more intense before.

The door creaked open as I kicked it softly, tempted to lay myself down on the soft couch when it first caught my eye. Eventually, I gave in and stared onto the empty white ceiling. My thoughts are filled with nothingness, staring onto the ceiling just seemed interesting at the moment.

A few loud knocking on the door disrupted my peaceful state of mind, the noise continues until I grunted in annoyed and pulled the door open. I let out a  sigh before averting my eyes from the ground, resulting my eyed widen in surprise from the unexpected guest. "Hey Odette! It has been-" She pushed me into the room abruptly, placing her index finger on her lips and shut the door behind her. She held my arm to avoid me from stumbling over my steps.

"What is going on?" I questioned as I watched the horrified look on her face. "Someone was watching you," she informed, which caused me to panic and paranoically having eyes wandering around the room. I sprinted for the door that led to my backyard and locking it tightly, pushing a small table to block the door. "Wait," I paused. "That someone might be you," I chuckled. I calmed myself down, although the genuine worry and persistent terrified look on her face has completely bothered me. "Thamuz? The fire demon?" I guessed and she shook her head in denial. "Someone with a coat and silver hair-"

"What is he doing here?!" I blurted out. "I don't know! But he seems like watching you from the backyard," she exclaimed. I stared onto the ceiling, contemplating about his presence around my house, unaware that he might be knowing this place after all. It is a possibility that he knew during the night when I was brought away by that vengeful demon, how he knows my house itself left a huge question mark inside my head.

"Well, why are you here Odette? Aren't you supposed to be back in your castle?"

She sighed and calmed herself down, knowing that I was worried of her more than myself. "I was allowed to go for a walk for some time and passed by your house. This person I saw was extremely suspiscious. Do you know him?"

"Yes, although I am not sure." Odette seemingly disappointed at my response, she started interrogating, "So you believe that he meant no harm to you?"

"Positive," I ensured her, hoping that the concerned look on her face will disappear. "Tell me who he is."

I shut my eyes close as I pinch the bridge of my nose, leaning myself onto the wall. "Promise me you won't scream. Just incase," I watched her nodding in response, although predicting that she might scream by the moment she heard my answer anyway. "Aamon."

"The duke of paxley?" She gasped as she grasped both of my shoulders. "Why is he here? Did something happened between you two?" The clueless look on her face has left me in silence, not wanting to remember on what happened last night. It was worse than any nightmare I have experienced.

"I'll ask Gusion about this, I bet he knows," the impatience in her voice had left me in surprise as she release her grip off my shoulders, not expecting her of being excessively eager to know. I remained with my arms crossed against my chest, unable to hide the distressed look on my face that she could not comprehend.

Leaving the blonde inside, I pulled out the table from the door and unlocked it. Sticking out my head from the door, I took a peek of the empty backyard. Nothing seemed to happen, everything was still in place including the last time I left a stool standing near the door.

Aside from that, a stinging smell of fresh demon flesh flicked my nostrils and discouraging me from knowing the source. I scrunched my nose as I resisted the horrible smell, anyhow checking the surrounding and searching for the source of the scent. I closed the door behind me, approaching on my toes as I attempt to look over the fences.

The strong smell has led me to a dreadful scene of two lifeless bodies lying on the ground. However, the fact that they are demons didn't seem to bother me other than how fast they bodies are rotting, causing a huge discomfort to myself and anyone else who approach nearby. Pools of blood surrounded the two bodies, as well as a clear view of a tiny shining object pierced into one of them. Their dark complexion has made it clearer, a shiny blue shard that seem extremely familiar to me.

There is no doubt needed, I know who this shard belongs to. I bend down to quickly pluck it out from the body, unbothered by the smell as my attention was completely onto the shard that starts glowing from the moment I touched it. Within a second, it escaped from my grip and flew away with force, as if someone possesses them.

My eyes followed the shining shard until it disappeared from my sight, as I head myself away from the decaying bodies simultaneously when I caught Odette leaning onto the door with her eyes on me. "I wonder what he is up to," I muttered as I walked pass her.

"You'll know it Y/n," an amused smile forming on her face, taking another glimpse of the direction where the shards flew.