14

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter fourteen ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

The full moon illuminate its light above us. I was completely aware of the time, it must have been midnight already. Aamon and I sat in the backyard of my house, on the wooden chairs next to each other. My eyes were fixated onto the sky, wonderstruck by the view of the glimmering stars. The sky is suprisingly clear today, more stars could be seen than in other nights. The soft wind caressed my skin as I rested my arms on my lap, inducing goosebumps onto my skin.

The silence between us is not awkward or unpleasant at all, it is rather calming. As if there were countless of words exchanged between us, the way we arrived and seated ourselves here initially. We didn't share a single word at all, let actions talk, as well as eye contacts. My lips curved into a smile, gazing at the wonderful scene and enjoying the moment of peace, but not alone unlike the usual times.

I noticed how two stars are alligned, much like dots connecting into a line. Somehow reminding me about that conversation that I had with Gusion back in Castle Gorge. I didn't expect the impact of his words towards me, telling that I resembled his elder brother who is sitting silently next to me right now. It gives me the same impression as the stars, his past and mine are parallel lines against each other. Our first encounter wasn't an accident, there is obviously a meaning behind every single even.

The truth is, its just a theory I created inside my head. The universe, the twinkling stars that may be planets or even a nebula or another galaxy, the bright full moon, no one knows. Perhaps someone that could enter the time dimension and travel within it has the ability to see the future, they might know. Nevertheless, I would rely on  fate to take me somewhere unexpected yet the one I have been wishing for.

When I started thinking about 'What if we are meant to be?' It sounds wrong and just impossible. Endlessly questioning myself, I must have lost my mind. I shall not overthink. We are meant to be friends, our friendship developing within days was extremely quick. Have I known him for two weeks or two years?

I turn my head to look at Aamon, his mezmerized eyes reflecting the glimmering stars in the sky. I could see how immersed he is into the night sky. His silver hair matches the moonlight, his blue eyes softened as his thoughts might be elsewhere. I watched his beautiful sharp features under the starry night, but he doesn't seem to notice at all. I admire how his legs crossed, the way his back is leaning against the chair, his blue eyes shining like the moon. I avert my gaze towards the above, witnessed the slightest spot of light that came across the sky.

Aamon and I glanced at each other, the signal we both received simultaneously from each other, it was clearly understood. Its a meteor, which I assume has passed across earth and continued its journey in space. It was immaculate, although it was brief and dim, but clear enough to identify and confirm it as a meteor. My mouth gaped in awe, then we burst into laughter. "It was magical," I remarked. "Indeed it is," he responded, the smile on his face remains.

I gaze into the night sky, another wave of silence between us emerged again. I could feel the tiredness starting to take over me, telling me to head inside and call it a the day. "Aamon, let's head inside," I said, before turning my head to see him with his eyes closed, sleeping in his sitting position. He was just awake a few minutes ago, he must be exhausted. "A duke's job is incredibly tiring eh? You must be lacking of sleep," I whispered. I pulled myself along with my chair closer next to him. As I settled myself down, his head fell and landed on my shoulder. I nearly jumped in surprise, looking at the sleeping head in disbelief. "I didn't sleep yesterday," he mumbled. I couldn't tell whether he was dream-talking to himself or he was talking to me. "I see," I responded anyway, watching his eyelids flutter open.

I could see the lethargy in his narrowed eyes. I didn't bother his weight on my shoulder. He hummed at my response,
which surprises me even more because he was conscious after all.  Our eyes were connected for a brief moment, until I gave him a pat on his lap, signalling him to close his eyes and sleep the night away. "Goodnight Y/n," he said before closing his eyes again. "Goodnight Aamon," I found my heart fluttering at his presence, something I couldn't control and weird but familliar to me.

This night is something I never experienced before, yet I didn't expect to happen and it was dreamy. A cure to my loneliness, the silent but meaningful atmosphere, simple yet complex in millions of ways. Including the side of Aamon that I have never seen or heard before, I earned his trust and therefore, he must be trustworthy to make me believe him as well.

I don't think I could sleep tonight, despite my eyelids getting heavier every second. I have the urge to stare at him all day, under the moonlight and away from the monsters lurking around at night. I wish I have that opportunity again, I can't stand the heavy eyes that I have to content. I close my eyes, slowly diving into another world of where my dream takes me. Nevertheless, I could still feel his touch against me, the one thing that keeps me aware throughout the night.